Road racing tyres

Buchu

I am looking for the best road racing clincher tyre. It must be fast but with some puncture resistence.What are you using to race.

I've been racing [and training] with Vredestein Fortezzas. Maybe it's just me but I haven't had all that many punctures with them, and I've been using them since 2004.

For racing i readly like the Vredestein Fortezza Tricomp. fairly light, good wear n tear, comes in various colours, good puncture resistance.

Next fav is Vittoria Rubino Pro

then Conti Gatorskins, heavier, but have good puncture resistance. Last fairly well too..

Dont like Schwalbe Ultremo - the side walls brreak apart.

Also Conti GP4000 start to fall apart very quickly - threads peeling out of the sidewalls etc.

Conti GP Force/Attack combo.

This is hell of a good racing combo however our SA roads eat them for breakfast.

I train on the Conti Gatorskins and race on Conti GP4000s, Can feel the difference in the corners with the GP4000S, have not done too many k's on them yet, maybe 1500 no problem so far.

Vittoria open pro corsa 320tpi tyre!! Low weight n rolling resistance, designed for racing!!! Build in kevlar layer for puncture protection!

For racing i readly like the Vredestein Fortezza Tricomp. fairly light, good wear n tear, comes in various colours, good puncture resistance.

Next fav is Vittoria Rubino Pro

then Conti Gatorskins, heavier, but have good puncture resistance. Last fairly well too..

Dont like Schwalbe Ultremo - the side walls brreak apart.

Also Conti GP4000 start to fall apart very quickly - threads peeling out of the sidewalls etc.

I race with exactly the same tyres... Vredestein Fortezza Tricomp. They are great tyres and with no mesh, it saves on a bit of weight as well.

I used to have Schwalbe's on my bike, but it was one puncture after the other... just got gatvol

Vittoria Diamante Pro, or 1 better Vittoria Open Corsa

Maybe I got a bad batch, but I got about 600km out of my front Diamante Pro and about 150km from my back. I locked my back wheel trying to avoid a dog outside my house. 2kms later a bubble appeared on the tyre. Luckily I turned back home because it exploded in spectacular fashion outside of my driveway.

Maybe I got a bad batch, but I got about 600km out of my front Diamante Pro and about 150km from my back. I locked my back wheel trying to avoid a dog outside my house. 2kms later a bubble appeared on the tyre. Luckily I turned back home because it exploded in spectacular fashion outside of my driveway.

600km on the front? Surely a bad batch? Never used them but 600km is nothing