Cyclist mugged and shot yesterday afternoon close to Woodlands

awesme

Do the training and then comment. What you probably didn't notice is the line of fire should that happen. Everyone is looking for options to solve the problem, seeing as it is cleat that the cops can't protect you. This is one option. If you have a concern with the technique, Idan (the trainer) will GLADLY comment and fix if it is a real issue.

I think after competing in multiple SA champs sport shooting events HennieVR knows a thing or two. Maybe not on the skop and donner part. But definitely the shooting part

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then stop feeding the useless scum!

If you stop feeding them, they will go out and "find" food - think a bit before commenting bud..

If you stop feeding them, they will go out and "find" food - think a bit before commenting bud..

Yes think a bit , lets rather burn the place down !!!

True, this however gives you a chance when that split second opportunity does arrive... And quite honestly, I'd rather stand half a chance than none at all.

All very well, but let me say this, even if you practice that technique for an hour one evening, it's not to say you are going to get it right on the day.

I have to support 1million percent the fact that he tells you to play the victim, never come across as intimidating, it makes these brain dead zombies all panicky.

But I will finish off with this, the guy that has practiced that move for an hour, stands a better chance than the guy who hasn't.

Is there any one that could identify a very good place in this area to put a sign that would offer a reward for information.

I am asking in sincerity for some help and our company wants to help .

thank you

Shaun.

What I'd like to also see reported is the police actions, we need to highlight how they respond, how they dont' take proper incident reports. Can't be bothered to gather proper information that will help them investigate.

G

I see Beeld is also running the story:

post-36036-0-80691300-1382511177_thumb.jpg

Yes, they said they were going to use the photo of the helmet as well, which they didn't do.

Do the training and then comment. What you probably didn't notice is the line of fire should that happen. Everyone is looking for options to solve the problem, seeing as it is cleat that the cops can't protect you. This is one option. If you have a concern with the technique, Idan (the trainer) will GLADLY comment and fix if it is a real issue.

I'm not blowing my own trumpet here but:

I have been doing IPSC shooting since the age of 13. I have represented South Africa in the World Shoot at the age of 17 after I have become SA Champ in which I came 9th overall in Juniors. I know a fair bit of shooting I'd say, and have done and seen many of these type of combat training. I have been mugged before on a bike as well.

I expressed my opinion about the technique that's all. In some cases it might work but I fear in most cases it won't. The technique relies heavily on getting your head out the way of the firearm and then you also need to be able to grab the firearm with the first attempt. Also note how still the attacker is standing after the gun has been grabbed? You think for one moment that that will be the case when being attacked? Now after you have considered all these add 1 or 2 more attackers into the picture (as statistic shows that most attackers does not operate alone).

PS. If you want to try this technique you are more than welcome to contact me. We can use a bb gun the first time around.

True, this however gives you a chance when that split second opportunity does arrive... And quite honestly, I'd rather stand half a chance than none at all.

Chance of what...being rambo, keeping your bike that can be replaced lets look at what you can lose if you play rambo....YOUR LIFE.

Not good advice :thumbdown:

Yes, they said they were going to use the photo of the helmet as well, which they didn't do.

The helmet is on the front page of the Pretoria News.

We need to find out who takes up these stolen bikes, bikes with components like these will obviously achieve a higher price on the black market and hence these criminals target cyclists. Is there any way thehub can arrange for a serial number type inset to the classifieds section like being done on bikebay.co.za.

Unfortunately these bikes are probably stripped and that a serial number on a frame will only go so far.

Let us use thehub for more proactive cycling, grouprides and firearm license procedures in the meanwhile.

I see that 702 is reporting 2 incidences but from the comments here on the Hub it said 4? it is just a case of the same event being reported by different sources here? Just curious.

Re. the idea of critical mass and offering a reward to the community I think that's a great idea. I would be happy to contribute what i can.

Uni, there were in fact 4 separate incidents over the past week. First it was the guy stabbed 5 times, then it was another guy shot at twice, then it was me that was shot in the helmet, and then the Cyclelab guy shot in the arm two days ago.

I agree with the reward and critical mass.

I have been doing IPSC shooting since the age of 13. I have represented South Africa in the World Shoot at the age of 17 after I have become SA Champ in which I came 9th overall in Juniors. I know a fair bit of shooting I'd say, and have done and seen many of these type of combat training. I have been mugged before on a bike as well.

I expressed my opinion about the technique that's all. In some cases it might work but I fear in most cases it won't. The technique relies heavily on getting your head out the way of the firearm and then you also need to be able to grab the firearm with the first attempt. Also note how still the attacker is standing after the gun has been grabbed? You think for one moment that that will be the case when being attacked? Now after you have considered all these add 1 or 2 more attackers into the picture (as statistic shows that most attackers does not operate alone).

PS. If you want to try this technique you are more than welcome to contact me. We can use a bb gun the first time around.

You must know my dad then

And even if the move did work, I can almost guarantee that the elbow won't deal enough of a blow from that short range.

Looks like Rambo stuff to me.