Cyclist mugged and shot yesterday afternoon close to Woodlands

awesme

Funny how two small previously disadvantaged kids get found dead in a toilet in Diepsloot, and the Cops are in there like a flash once the mothers started protesting, and almost rioting. All of a sudden, a township that doesn't even have a police station, has Cops there in force, and has Politicians there making big speeches. The cops had 4 or 5 suspects inside a couple of days. Where did they get the intel from ? One of those they nabbed has apparently admitted to the crime.

How does one get that kind of attention to this matter ? March, Protest, Riot and make the area ungovernable ?? Somehow i doubt the same swift police reaction would take place.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone post the area of these 4 attacks on a map?

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5529/10421371083_7820f2878e_o.png

The two green circles are the squatter camps in question.

Edited by Helpmytrap

This is terrible news and speedy recovery.

I live in Matt Ave, and this is a major concern i ride a couple of times a week.......

These savages need to be stopped.

D

Can we flag this on Strava as unsafe or something? Create a section maybe?

Failing that PM me if anyone is keen to erect signage there to warn fellow cyclists

Does the SAPS (Soon As Possible Service) have a Twitter acc that we can flood, or any form of web page? That protest ride aint a bad idea,especially if we all bring along a dirty beer bottle with a rag sticking out..........and parade around the "informal settlemant".... That would kick up a storm! What ever we can do,we should do!

Does the SAPS (Soon As Possible Service) have a Twitter acc that we can flood, or any form of web page? That protest ride aint a bad idea,especially if we all bring along a dirty beer bottle with a rag sticking out..........and parade around the "informal settlemant".... That would kick up a storm! What ever we can do,we should do!

Let's rather call it an awareness ride.

Obviously this crime situation has been taken care of for our "beloved" president. Now you know why his Nkandla security upgrade cost so much!

Thanks for the well wishes!

No statement was taken. I was under the impression that any gun shot wound reported at a hospital had to be reported and investigated by the police??.....well does not look like it! And no my bike was not insured.

I had a similar thing with my bike jack, after being attacked i managed to get to a building site where i phoned the cops, they seemed relatively keen until i mentioned it was a bike stolen, then said they would send someone when available, an hour later of waiting, nothing.

Edited by scotty

I had a similar thing with my bike jack, after being attacked i managed to get to a building site where i phoned the cops, they seemed relatively keen until i mentioned it was a bike stolen, then said they would send someone when available, an hour later of waiting, nothing.

Bit off topic, a mate of mine has video footage of a Hilux being stripped of its tracking unit, very close to Parkview shopping centre (Close to Woodlands). He called the police as it was happening, they arrived, eventually. He showed them the video and asked if they want a copy................wait for it............drum roll, they replied NO!

Edited by Bargains

Bit off topic, a mate of mine has video footage of a Hilux being stripped of its tracking unit, very close to Parkview shopping centre (Close to Woodlands). He called the police as it was happening, they arrived, eventually. He showed them the video and asked if they want a copy................wait for it............drum roll, they replied NO!

Mind boggles, there are some members that do sterling work, but IMO they in the minority.

Here is the response I got from Mr Moodey:

Dear Mr Smith

I acknowledge receipt of your emailed complaint.

I will approach the Provincial Commissioner of Police as well as the Cluster Commander for their intervention.

Trusting that their intervention will bring about a positive response.

Kind regards

John Moodey MPL

DA Gauteng Provincial Leader

Here is the response I got from Mr Moodey:

Dear Mr Smith

I acknowledge receipt of your emailed complaint.

I will approach the Provincial Commissioner of Police as well as the Cluster Commander for their intervention.

Trusting that their intervention will bring about a positive response.

Kind regards

John Moodey MPL

DA Gauteng Provincial Leader

Lets see what transpires.

I'm still available for the mass (traditional weapon wielding) ride ;)

Lets see what transpires.

I'm still available for the mass (traditional weapon wielding) ride ;)

Bicycle chain whips & pomps. :thumbup: