Cyclist mugged and shot yesterday afternoon close to Woodlands

awesme

Twitter Post:

Cyclist mugged and shot yesterday afternoon close to Woodlands!! Something needs to be done urgently!!@bicyclesafetysa @CycleLab #saps

anyone know more?

G

Edited by awesme

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is terrible news

Government, do something, i can be you that the cyclist that was shot was a tax payer and the shooter a non-tax payer. IE the shooter is stealing from your pocket!! Wake the f@ck up and do your job, make our country safe!!

Bring back the DEATH PENALTY!!

Woodlands as in the shopping mall in Garstfontein Road?

If so this is ridiculous, 4th attack in a week in the same area, what the hell is happening to our neighborhood?

this is terrible news

Government, do something, i can be you that the cyclist that was shot was a tax payer and the shooter a non-tax payer. IE the shooter is stealing from your pocket!! Wake the f@ck up and do your job, make our country safe!!

Bring back the DEATH PENALTY!!

The cANCer is spreading . You will not be getting help from that bunch of useless no good thieves .

there's been quite a few journos expressing interest.

there must be a really lucrative market for these bikes - I don't think it's a case of someone needing a bike and thus opting to steal one.

is it possible to put a chip and trace the bike to see where it goes to?

@ppl out riding - I'm curious - if you're out training or commuting do you use the same route every day, same time etc = i get that you're probably using that route for a reason but if you were to mix it up to make it less easy for someone to monitor your patterns?

and it sucks and it's totally wrong to have to change what you love doing - but for the sake of staying safe?

there's been quite a few journos expressing interest.

there must be a really lucrative market for these bikes - I don't think it's a case of someone needing a bike and thus opting to steal one.

is it possible to put a chip and trace the bike to see where it goes to?

@ppl out riding - I'm curious - if you're out training or commuting do you use the same route every day, same time etc = i get that you're probably using that route for a reason but if you were to mix it up to make it less easy for someone to monitor your patterns?

and it sucks and it's totally wrong to have to change what you love doing - but for the sake of staying safe?

I dont think everyone knows about the shootings, this road and area is very popular for cyclists, there are loads of cyclists in the east of pretoria. the word needs to be spread so that everyone knows of the danger..

Jip.4th one in a week. Shot in the arm and bike stolen.

So let's throw journalist at it instead of police.

So much for feeling a little bit safe in Pretoria......

Great to hear the cyclist is oaky - well considering what happened.

Do we need to start carrying firearms now? I mean shoot back in self defense and we will probably be the ones getting locked up... What a great justice system

Manne manne...Nou raak ek woes kwaad....Wat de hel...Wees versigtig daar buite. Dinge ruk hand uit...Dink ek moet maar 'n wapen aanskaf en saamry.Shooting/jacking cyclist is fast becoming a national sport. We need to do something!

This has been just wating to happen,if you read the other thread, or live in that area,like I do you will know the extent of crime in that area linked to the two "informal" settlements,there is almost daily events, and the police are simply over loaded. Last week the squatters took law into their own hands and chopped another residents hands off........ About time we as tax paying residents started doing the same! This country is practically at civil war in the neibourhoods, and nothing gets done!