2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sagan is going to have to start being smarter. . He is too good, no one will work with him, they would rather loose than take him to the line.

What he needs is a decent team to help get him to the line properly. He can't be expected to win stages with everyone else in the peloton riding so negatively against him.

Same thing happens to Cancellara all the time. Others would rather lose than bring him anywhere near the line.

and pulled a wheelie on 46 of them too...probably going to wear it for another 10 this year the way things looking now.

Wonder what the record for maillot vert wins?

What he needs is a decent team to help get him to the line properly. He can't be expected to win stages with everyone else in the peloton riding so negatively against him.

Same thing happens to Cancellara all the time. Others would rather lose than bring him anywhere near the line.

Yip Sagan will either have to start doing what Cancellara and Hushovd did so many times. . Break earlier and TT to the end.

Or Get mr tinkoff to get him a better team next yr ????

Wonder what the record for maillot vert wins?

Considering Erik Zabel has won the maillot vert classification 6 times, he must be near the top in terms of days in green

This day belongs to Talansky !!! A new hero is born ..... man that is sheer guts and glory.

I mean tears at the end on his own, for so long, so long what a hero, what a hero!!!

and it appears as tho is was Robbie who said he could and should go on.

This day belongs to Talansky !!! A new hero is born ..... man that is sheer guts and glory.

Stuff like that is what makes me like cyclists, not winning but sheer determination and spirit.

"It was my girlfriend's birthday today, and so I was hoping to win the stage for her today. She still got the flowers from the podium because I pulled on a new green jersey but I'm trying to do something better, to win a stage, and not only keep the green jersey until Paris...Today I got in the break, the decisive group that formed but it was still difficult. Kwiatkowski attacked and so I went after him. When Gallopin attacked I could have gone with him too but I didn't because it's impossible to go after everybody and other riders would have attacked. I was trying to win the stage, I don’t want anymore placings."

Sagan

I'm glad Talansky made it but jeez what was Garmin doing setting a pace like at with him off the back??

I'm glad Talansky made it but jeez what was Garmin doing setting a pace like at with him off the back??

They're focusing on stage wins now and no longer the GC challenge

I guess it was a case that he was on his own and had to do it for himself, a team unsure if he was going to make the cut and couldn't risk other riders going down with him if he faltered.

Like alot of teams so far Plan B isn't really there so focus is now stages and you need as many people in the mix for that one. If he made it through bonus, he was all but packed up half way though the day and who knows if he'll get much further but mucho respect for the effort.

Archived