2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

Eight teams have missed the cut Astana, Cofidis, Giant-Shimano, Cannondale, NetApp-Endura, Trek Factory Racing and Katusha.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As we near the intermediate sprint, the gap has gone up to 6:05 for the 21 leaders. With so many out front, there will be no points for the peloton behind. Not that this will worry Peter Sagan.

The leaders have just passed the halfway point in this stage but there is still some 117 kilometres to the finish. The intermediate sprint comes up in 4 kilometres.

KOM points at the top of the CAT2 climb.

1. Thomas Voeckler (Europcar), 5 points

2. Michael Rogers (Tinkoff), 3

3. Jan Bakelants (OPQS), 2

4. Tom-Jelte Slagter (Garmin), 1

KOM points at the top of the CAT2 climb.

1. Thomas Voeckler (Europcar), 5 points

2. Michael Rogers (Tinkoff), 3

3. Jan Bakelants (OPQS), 2

4. Tom-Jelte Slagter (Garmin), 1

if majka and rodriguez don't get in the breaks over the next few two days, then nibali could well take the polka dot jersey they way he's been finishing each mountaintop stage

if majka and rodriguez don't get in the breaks over the next few two days, then nibali could well take the polka dot jersey they way he's been finishing each mountaintop stage

For sure, as the next two finish on mountaintops points are doubled and he will easily take it the way he is going.

For sure, as the next two finish on mountaintops points are doubled and he will easily take it the way he is going.

if voeckler can get hold of the 25 available today, then he's in the mix for sure.

by my calcs after today there are for 1st place at each point:

10-10-10-50 wed/17

2-2-25-50 thurs/18

Mountain classification Result 1 Joaquim Rodriguez (Spa) Team Katusha 88 pts 2 Rafal Majka (Pol) Tinkoff-Saxo 88 3 Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) Astana Pro Team 86 4 Thibaut Pinot (Fra) FDJ.fr 49 5 Alejandro Valverde Belmonte (Spa) Movistar Team 40 6 Alessandro De Marchi (Ita) Cannondale 38 7 Thomas Voeckler (Fra) Team Europcar 34 8 Leopold Konig (Cze) Team Netapp-Endura 32 9 Jean-Christophe Péraud (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale 29 10 Tony Martin (Ger) Omega Pharma-Quick Step 26