2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

Interesting, I am still considering wither I will participate in the league this year or not.

Sadly, I haven't had time to really follow the season this year so I have to say I am not up to speed.

If I do it will be a team based purely on riders I like to support, 'Berto, Scarponi, Valverde, Bennati, Nibali, Voekler to name a few, Froome, Cavendish, the Schlecks, Horner or a few other good racers wont be there, not because I dont think they are capable, I simply dont support them.

I see supporting teams or riders (or any sportsman / woman) as a sort of investment in my time and knowledge, and, I only invest in people I am comfortable with supporting, irrespective of their possible potential or pedigree, I find it difficult to support any athlete I may not like, even if they are the best, and that includes supporting them in a fantasy league.

Come on Grumps, get in the mix :)

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting, I am still considering wither I will participate in the league this year or not.

Sadly, I haven't had time to really follow the season this year so I have to say I am not up to speed.

If I do it will be a team based purely on riders I like to support, 'Berto, Scarponi, Valverde, Bennati, Nibali, Voekler to name a few, Froome, Cavendish, the Schlecks, Horner or a few other good racers wont be there, not because I dont think they are capable, I simply dont support them.

I see supporting teams or riders (or any sportsman / woman) as a sort of investment in my time and knowledge, and, I only invest in people I am comfortable with supporting, irrespective of their possible potential or pedigree, I find it difficult to support any athlete I may not like, even if they are the best, and that includes supporting them in a fantasy league.

grumpy indeed...

ONLINE FANTASY LEAGUE:

Only 2 days and 4 hours before lock-out. So if you were thinking of joining us for the online fantasy league, time to get your team in pronto!

For the Giro I think we had 22 people playing in the Hub league. I'm only seeing 17 hubbers signed up for the TDF so far. Come on people, join the game.

If you're missing the link, here it is.

There are two Hub leagues running - please join up with both of them:

The Hub SA: 18986341132101

TheHubSA: 18929198107995

ONLINE FANTASY LEAGUE:

Only 2 days and 4 hours before lock-out. So if you were thinking of joining us for the online fantasy league, time to get your team in pronto!

For the Giro I think we had 22 people playing in the Hub league. I'm only seeing 17 hubbers signed up for the TDF so far. Come on people, join the game.

If you're missing the link, here it is.

There are two Hub leagues running - please join up with both of them:

The Hub SA: 18986341132101

TheHubSA: 18929198107995

OK, I have joined. Never played before so let see what happens

post-12015-0-04857900-1404371886_thumb.jpg

Do you guys think with OGE not having Goss or a recognised sprinter in the team that Gerrans would be able so save himself for sprints on hilly stages and compete against SAGAN?

Do you guys think with OGE not having Goss or a recognised sprinter in the team that Gerrans would be able so save himself for sprints on hilly stages and compete against SAGAN?

I reckon Michael Matthews might contest for green

Gerro's role - unsure

Probably individual stage wins

I reckon Michael Matthews might contest for green

Gerro's role - unsure

Probably individual stage wins

Is Matthews good to go, I am sure I read that he took a tumble yesterday.

Matthews crashed and got stitches in his hand. OGE will make a call tomorrow, might not start.

Archived