Attakwas - 2014

jugheaddave

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is a good place to stay for this event?

Kleinplaas or at Chandelier/startline. Jinne last year I bonked myself silly.. Longest 8 hours on a bike EVER. I have a Transkaroo and two Transbaviaanse under the belt but none moered me as hard as this race it kicked me right on the Zip!!!

Hi Spat, depending if you're referring to after or before the race. Some people stay at Pine Creek the day before the race and take the shuttle bus to Oudtshoorn on Saturday

Stay in Oudtshoorn & cycle to start, less than 10km's & get a driver to take you car to the finish in Groot Brak Rivier or vise versa.

Is it possible to do this race with 2x bottles?

I dont think so, but there will be more than enough stops along the way, USN Epic Pro last year if remember correclty.

Lol sorry. I meant stopping and filling up at water points.

hahaha yes i did it like that instead of carrying a camelbak, is that why you asking?

I'm even thinking of taking 1 bottle for 2014.

hahaha yes i did it like that instead of carrying a camelbak, is that why you asking?

I'm even thinking of taking 1 bottle for 2014.

Be careful, can be very hot in the kloof. 2 bottles should be ok, stop and fill up.

Be careful, can be very hot in the kloof. 2 bottles should be ok, stop and fill up.

[/Quote] Thanks will do, my Garmin recorded 38 degrees Celsius for 2013.

Judging by the way the weather is playing out right now, I' think we could have a cold or wet one in 2014.

Thanks will do, my Garmin recorded 38 degrees Celsius for 2013.

Judging by the way the weather is playing out right now, I' think we could have a cold or wet one in 2014.

Yip I had 39 on the garmin this year. Cold will be ok, not so sure about wet. Lets hope for decent weather, race is tough enough as it is.

Atta again eeishhh

Yes last year was tough,I battled compared to 2011.

I also ride with one bottle ,never had issues the only thing is i cannot stand the stuff they gave us last year,so this year wil take my own pre-mix.

I do ride with a small bottle in my back pocker for water to hose down the body now and again.