Belated Rave - Squirt chain lube

martinsnyman

I would like to thank Squirt for the best watering hole at the Crater cruise that I have ever experienced!!

For those who rode the Crater you will know that it was a scorcher! There were also some very crappy watering holes, and some that were not so hot closer to the end of the race, as we started in E batch some of the watering holes were pretty dry by the time we got there.

And then we arrive at the Squirt hole, approx 80km's in, we got hosed down as we were approaching the tables and then got a free chain lube, Ice cold water and energy drink as well as water bottles WASHED and refilled with ice! There were also bowls of sweets and eats.

Thank you for this stunning hole, you made the last horrible 25km's much easier.

You have made me a customer for life!

Edited by martinsnyman

I would like to thank Squirt for the best watering hole at the Crater cruise that I have ever experienced!!

For those who rode the Crater you will know that it was a scorcher! There were also some very crappy watering holes, and some that were not so hot closer to the end of the race, as we started in E batch some of the watering holes were pretty dry by the time we got there.

And then we arrive at the Squirt hole, approx 80km's in, we got hosed down as we were approaching the tables and then got a free chain lube, Ice cold water and energy drink as well as water bottles WASHED and refilled with ice! There were also bowls of sweets and eats.

Thank you for this stunning hole, you made the last horrible 25km's much easier.

You have made me a customer for life!

Just be careful not to get any water on your chain at the water table, cause it will rinse the Squirt off. I have found the ultimate chain cleaning method - put Squirt on the chain and ride through some wet fynbos - nothing cleans your chain better than this.

I have to agree with you the ice came just at the right time and the jelly baies were superb

Chukky....is that you? Did you go for squirt anger management classes ?

I used up all my words at Joberg2c, hehehehe

It works for some and works for others, not for me.

Cleaning that stuff off my chain and cassette wasted valuable drinking time.