5150 Africa Champs

Metzet

so ... is anyone else racing this Sunday ?

Registration + Practice swim on Saturday

weather looking good

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so ... is anyone else racing this Sunday ?

Registration + Practice swim on Saturday

weather looking good

Im racing this Sunday too. Doing a practice wetsuit swim or 2 at Emmarentia today and tomorrow hopefully.

Cool :thumbup:

they also holding an "official " practice swim between 9-11am on saturday at the venue. It just means there are lifesavers around in case the wetsuit can't keep you afloat ! :w00t:

I will be there and I am looking forward to it. This will be my first Tri of the season after having missed 5150 Bela Bela due to the flu. Does anyone know how difficult/easy the bike course is?

Edited by ADe

I will be there and I am looking forward to it. This will be my first Tri of the season after having missed 5150 Bela Bela due to the flu. Does anyone know how difficult/easy the bike course is?

course is very flat, only a small hill on the way back (under the highway ~5kms from the finish)

If my finances improved I would be doing them all. Sadly 2013 has not been a good year for some.

Hey Seeker hang tough, I went through some bad times earlier this year and the only thing that kept me sane was training even though I didn't race much. It will be okay!

What get's my goat is that you have to go thru to Germiston on Saturday, register and go through on Sunday again....yeah I know registration is a nightmare on the day but what about reg at Troi or some other stores.

What get's my goat is that you have to go thru to Germiston on Saturday, register and go through on Sunday again....yeah I know registration is a nightmare on the day but what about reg at Troi or some other stores.

You took the keyboard strokes off my finger tips.

Will be there like a bear.

The practice swim at least makes the trip out to Germies a little less irritating. Saturday morning will now be a full course recon.

You took the keyboard strokes off my finger tips.

+1

Woke up this morning with cough, sore throat and feeling ***. :(

Guess I'm not.

I'm in same boat, runny nose just got significantly worse today :( :(

course is very flat, only a small hill on the way back (under the highway ~5kms from the finish)

Happiness. :thumbup:

so how did everyone go out there?

swim course was 2.1 apparently - a little off the 1.5 it was meant to be, oh well, good training. my left goggle kept filling with water, couldn't get a good rhythm at all..

bike was crazy tough the last 8 km with that headwind.

run was a nice easy course.