Dirtopia Enduro #3

niterider

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved that stage 2! Tunnel vision of note :). Noticed a lot of brown shoulders coming off that stage-and just in case you made it through unscathed, the tag reader was put right next 2 wattle stumps, so that you had to place you wheels right inbetween them, all while trying to brake (offcamber) before smashing into the vineyard and getting your tag to read. Good times!

i had someone, who missed his tag, turn around, and park himself and bike in that gap.. i just shouted HEY and gunned into the gap. Was too tired to care :P

It was huge fun, but IMO not a patch on the Welvanpas course in terms of steepness and flat out fast sections. No doubt when the trails bed in a bit it will get much better tho. Looking forward to the 2014 series!

It was huge fun, but IMO not a patch on the Welvanpas course in terms of steepness and flat out fast sections. No doubt when the trails bed in a bit it will get much better tho. Looking forward to the 2014 series!

Chances of stage 1's trail bedding in? Zeeeero. Hope they don't open it to the public. Will just be smashed.

If you want one try one on first. The fit is a bit different and the "adjustment" is by way of thicker and thinner pads. There's no floating cradle like you get in most AM lids. I tried one and it just didn't work for me.

I love mine - I use a combo of the thick and thin pads which means I always have a spare set of clean dry pads. I'd rate it as warmer than an XC lid but thats fine in winter and to be honest I didnt feel unduly warm despite the heat yesterday. It actually also works well as a helmet as the rock dents in the back of mine prove.

Guest Omega Man

I love mine - I use a combo of the thick and thin pads which means I always have a spare set of clean dry pads. I'd rate it as warmer than an XC lid but thats fine in winter and to be honest I didnt feel unduly warm despite the heat yesterday. It actually also works well as a helmet as the rock dents in the back of mine prove.

Hahaha. Nice. Ja look the fit just didn't work for me. Admittedly I do have an odd shaped scone.

My biggest problem is the heat, so I need a very well ventilated lid. The Urge AM looks like it is very well ventilated, but I guess I will wait for the bell super to come out

So when is someone going to organise an Enduro in Eselfontein? It is made for this format!

Robert Starke of Contermanskloof says he is keen to host one there sometime just before Winter. Would be great to get 4-5 enduro races in a year to keep us all honest!

So when is someone going to organise an Enduro in Eselfontein? It is made for this format!

Robert Starke of Contermanskloof says he is keen to host one there sometime just before Winter. Would be great to get 4-5 enduro races in a year to keep us all honest!

Oh yes please! for Eselfontein Enduro.

Imagine a section going down Red Bull Hill. mal cool!

Personally, I think Eselfontein comes the closest to what I think a Cape mtb trail should be! Using it for an enduro is a brilliant idea!

Edited by DJR