Dirtopia Enduro #3

niterider

Okay

So my bike is back, and I erhmm,, just broke my finger, the index on my right...

Bike is making funny noise from my rear derailleur I think, dint get time to check out bike at all today, was at the hospital fixing fingure..

Hope all goes well during my first enduro

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay

So my bike is back, and I erhmm,, just broke my finger, the index on my right...

Bike is making funny noise from my rear derailleur I think, dint get time to check out bike at all today, was at the hospital fixing fingure..

Ouch!!!

Guess you're gonna win. Not being able to brake and all

Okay

Seems to have affected you spelling ability as well :ph34r:

damn, that was f'ing brilliant! Well done to the Dirtopia team. Might not have been balls-out gnar, but it was fast, fun and ffs, filled with sneaky blind corners and u-turns #NeedMoreWarning! #mustloseweight

My word for the day: Warmup.

holycow it was climbing and pushing, and it was a breezy 35C. Warmup. ermagerd.

But super meeting MH For Short for a change. :)Sorry to you hear u missed out on the hard Eddie. But it will come :)

Flowta: hope you gonna be ok. that was a pretty nasty look graze on your arm.

Some guys went down hard today. Track was superbly fast in places. Just tuck down, brakes off, balls out.

oh and stage 2. I call it bitchslap. All those who were there will understand. stupid branches.. :(

oh and mayhem: You suck.

That it is all

:P

Edited by Capricorn

Dam what a day, climbing was a bit of a bitch in the heat, but overall pretty dam fun... I was expecting to see mayhem and POS there, what happened to you guys? We had beer and everything :) :P

Winner of a day! Met some new friends, had my mind blown by the pro's and had some sweet trails all to myself (especially when i got lost on stage 4 and accidently redid stage 3).

This is where I will be spending my event money. Worth every penny and more!

So happy right now.

Lol @ cap & Craig. Yeah. My knee would not have coped given its protestations at climbing my stairs at home and the stiffness this morning. Pissed to make missed it but there will be another! Got to spend some quality time with my light ie instead... still bummed!

Lol @ cap & Craig. Yeah. My knee would not have coped given its protestations at climbing my stairs at home and the stiffness this morning. Pissed to make missed it but there will be another! Got to spend some quality time with my light ie instead... still bummed!

Sounds like a plan, next time you bring the beer... :)

Yeah cap, stage 2 got me in the teeth! Clipped my bars about 5 times as well... Eish!

Sounds like a plan, next time you bring the beer... :)

Yeah cap, stage 2 got me in the teeth! Clipped my bars about 5 times as well... Eish!

ya.. i got that first branch solidly in the kisser. stage three my bars hit a tree and I nearly had a huge off. good thing i managed to ride it out.. but **** that was close.

Love the different characters of the stages..4 was off camber heaven. almost wished the track was a bit wider, but it was just right. sneaky corners all over the place, especially stage 3. i collected that tree just before the hairpin. I'm pretty sure i swore at Meurant right then and there :P

My left leg finally gave it up. didnt finish stage 5. How was it? :(

Edited by Capricorn

was so nice seeing so many ladies out there today. Looks like they were having a massive jol. but in general, a HUGE turnout. So damn good to see :)

heavensent of the day: that little stream before stage 2. Fresh, cold water right off the mountain. Pity they didnt divert it abit to turn it into a shower. i woulda camped there whole day! :P

Edited by Capricorn

ya.. i got that first branch solidly in the kisser. stage three my bars hit a tree and I nearly had a huge off. good thing i managed to ride it out.. but **** that was close.

Love the different characters of the stages..4 was off camber heaven. almost wished the track was a bit wider, but it was just right. sneaky corners all over the place, especially stage 3. i collected that tree just before the hairpin. I'm pretty sure i swore at Meurant right then and there :P

My left leg finally gave it up. didnt finish stage 5. How was it? :(

Yeah, stages were a bit of a mixed bag, something for everyone :). Stage 3 was the best for me, some other were a bit too pedally, but overall great fun. I don't think you missed anything on the 5th stage, looked more like they had a bit of singletrack left over at the end to get everyone back so they decided to make it a stage out of it. :)

Yeah, stages were a bit of a mixed bag, something for everyone :). Stage 3 was the best for me, some other were a bit too pedally, but overall great fun. I don't think you missed anything on the 5th stage, looked more like they had a bit of singletrack left over at the end to get everyone back so they decided to make it a stage out of it. :)

lol.. but yeah. 5 stage enduro. Big up to the organiser. :clap:

Stage 2 was insane, fast flowy and complete with eye level branches. Crow was yapping at my tail the whole way down. Flippen awesome.

Will def sign up again.

And start getting fitter.

Those hills were not alive with the sound of music.