Dirtopia Enduro #3

niterider

SS2 FTW! I would hike a bike the whole day long to ride that over and over again. I've never been so happy in my life to be smacked in the face by branches!

SS1 was cool too, but the Ibis was a bit skittish still. First ride and all. SS3 was a bit of a waste in my opinion, SS4 was cancelled by the time we got there. SS5 was cool too. Pity I had NOTHING left by then as going fast there meant hammering the pedals.

Great turn out and it was great to be in the midst of some proper bikes and talent.

I saw the Ibis and wondered if that was you. Good looking bike man! Must say I agree on stage 3. I did it twice (got badly lost on stage 4 after the big berm and bombholes) and that off-camber loam was super tough.

Stage 5 I just cranked until I could taste blood. Serious old rugby fitness flashbacks from school.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if the next one is on Easter weekend I really hope it's the Sunday/Monday because the Saturday is Two Oceans marathon day.

Crow,did u make that hairpin on SS3? i think that's stupid, to not put a warning up for u-turns.

Are you talking about that "tabletop" after the big bikepark-style berm?

Edited by MH for short

Crow,did u make that hairpin on SS3? i think that's stupid, to not put a warning up for u-turns.

There were ample warnings but someone blew threw them and again didn't bother to put them back up.

the hairpin at the end of ss3 was marked with danger tap, that someone took out. I ditched the bike after seeing it out of seeing the tag point in peripheral vision and ran up the hill.

same happened on ss4 somewhere after the berm-into-table-into-oh crap!- left hand corner.

Are you talking about that "tabletop" after the big bikepark-style berm?

Not that one, but i charged that sucker hard and nearly landed in the trees because the edge of the track was properly beaten up from others no doubt taking joy at trying to jump that sucker. hahhaah.

However, i was referring to stage 3. The tag point was at the exit of the hairpin, like 2 meters from teh tree i collected, but in the other direction... :thumbdown:

the hairpin at the end of ss3 was marked with danger tap, that someone took out. I ditched the bike after seeing it out of seeing the tag point in peripheral vision and ran up the hill.

same happened on ss4 somewhere after the berm-into-table-into-oh crap!- left hand corner.

Oh right, the berm was on stage 4, you're right.

I luckily had mates shouting at me on the stage 3 hairpin so railed it.

There were ample warnings but someone blew threw them and again didn't bother to put them back up.

ok. that sux even more. but despite the bitchslappin branches and blind corners, it was all good fun. Just that heat... ouch. hahhahah.

Edited by Capricorn

They were actually alright, I think there was only one section I pushed that I could have maybe done on a two by ten. There were like 20 other people pushing that section, if not more... So I didn't feel too bad... Even guys with 2x10.

I think I only made it about 2km up from the start, then the heat started to get to me, I walked most of the climbs after that, and thank goodness I did. I am now suffering a little with heat stroke

SS2 FTW! I would hike a bike the whole day long to ride that over and over again. I've never been so happy in my life to be smacked in the face by branches!

SS1 was cool too, but the Ibis was a bit skittish still. First ride and all. SS3 was a bit of a waste in my opinion, SS4 was cancelled by the time we got there. SS5 was cool too. Pity I had NOTHING left by then as going fast there meant hammering the pedals.

Great turn out and it was great to be in the midst of some proper bikes and talent.

It looks like the SL-R is a bit faster than the HD :whistling:

Oh right, the berm was on stage 4, you're right.

I luckily had mates shouting at me on the stage 3 hairpin so railed it.

so.. you had a help... :thumbdown: dont suppose you grabbed a shuttle or two while you were at it?

:P

Was a vervy, very, very close call, but yes. Stupid to have people bombing down single track and then have the tag around the corner from a 180 degree turn!

Yeah, that was daft. Also having riders on SS3 and SS4 at the same time knowing there's an intersection was not the best planning, then have riders go that intersection for the start of the two SS was also not the best call. But that's nitpicking detail.

It looks like the SL-R is a bit faster than the HD :whistling:

I put that down to the 1kg saving!

I noticed last night I recorded a 29min or something on SS1 thanks to tagging when I walked past the start.