SHOX or FOX

frederik29er

That is stil what I have to decide, what would you recommend?

Either way is good. RLT is the way I'd go, just 'cos it offers you the additional tuning of the wastegate / blow-off valve, which you can adjust to change when the lockout is over-ridden (saves the fork if you hit something and have forgotten to unlock it)

Rockshox are winning at the moment. Unfortunately they'll never quite be as plush as Fox (well, not up to 2013 anyways) but as far as value, maintenance costs and durability go they're miles ahead.

Maxumis, I take it you're talking lowers service and not damper rebuilds. Lowers on Fox and RS are much the same, but strip a FIT CTD damper and you'll change your tune, I assure you.

Reba RLT TK would get my vote, or Reba XX if you want something with remote lockout.

Yeah - you want the one with the Turnkey compression adjust, not remote lockout. That way you can change your compression settings on the fork itself, instead of having unlock / lock, as well as being able to lock it out by turning the compression all the way up.

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

Would not consider RS....love my Fox front and back

Next bike will be the same.Hassle free.Indestructable and reliable

Piece of cake to set up as well

"Durability".............I've had a Fox Terralogic since 2007 & it's still 100%, only been services twice. So when it comes to allround quality & durability Fox is the SHYT..........lol!

good luck getting stock, everywhere I have tried is out of stock

Ja looked everywhere ad well... nothing available. But give buycycle a call

• 2 weeks later...

To me the Fox is the better shock because I have never been able to get my RockSox as plush as my Fox.

Apologies for the highjack... but can someone explain the Rock Shox RCT3 technology to me? Is it better than the RLT?

Also, if I buy a 2014 Reba RLT or RL, would I be able to fit a XX remote lockout to this fork?

Apologies for the highjack... but can someone explain the Rock Shox RCT3 technology to me? Is it better than the RLT?

Also, if I buy a 2014 Reba RLT or RL, would I be able to fit a XX remote lockout to this fork?

http://www.mbr.co.uk/products/rockshox-revelation-fork-review/ has a pretty good explanation of the RCT3 damper.

And as for your second question - you should be able to buy one with a remote. If not you can swap out the damper, but it's not cheap...

Don't do it. Rather go the route of having proper control over your compression damping with the Turnkey compression adjuster that comes on the RL / RLT without the remote. That way you can tune your compression damping for each route, while still being able to lock it out completely with one swift flick of your right finger.

Don't do it. Rather go the route of having proper control over your compression damping with the Turnkey compression adjuster that comes on the RL / RLT without the remote. That way you can tune your compression damping for each route, while still being able to lock it out completely with one swift flick of your right finger.

Hey, not everyone can ride one-handed DH...

:ph34r: