Vibrating and squeeling noise on rear hydraulic disc brake

Askies

Ive cleaned the rotors, from oil.

Ive used disc brake cleaner on the pads.

But their is still this terrible vibrating noise when i use my rear brake. Any help ?? Please

They Avid elixir 3

problem right here -------> They Avid elixir 3

1. Remove
  2. Place in bin furthest from your residence (do not donate to anyone because you have enough enemies already)
  3. If you can afford, get Shimano SLX or XT - If you cant afford, use your old shoes on the back wheel like we did as kids
  4. Smile once again

disc brake cleaner on the pads??? errrm, i'm not sure that's the right thing to do.

but irrespective, i take it your squeal issue started before you attempted to clean the lot?

if you've ridden in wet or very dusty conditions, Avids will shudder for a bit. But in my experience, the shuddering doesn't last long. From the experts above, it would seem the cleverer you are, the worst the problem affects you, so they tuck tail between legs and run to the broken arms of shimano. there's a thread out there about just how broken it gets. Broken or noisy? hardly seems a choice ;)

Interesting I just "upgraded" my Juicy 4 RSL brakes to XT and rear whines like a pig and has no stopping power at all, while the front is quiet and hugely powerful. I'm using the avid rotors, will it help to change them or change the pads rather?

By the way, these Avids never gave a days trouble, not super powerful but they lasted many many races and fun rides and I'm feeling like a tosser for taking them off now.

How old are the brakes?

How old are the pads?

It the caliper aligned and tightened properly, this can cause what you are describing...

Disks can be cleaned, pads cannot, any oil on the pads and its best to get fresh ones.

I love my avids, everything else I buy is shimano, but avid brakes just down right rock

Interesting I just "upgraded" my Juicy 4 RSL brakes to XT and rear whines like a pig and has no stopping power at all, while the front is quiet and hugely powerful. I'm using the avid rotors, will it help to change them or change the pads rather?

By the way, these Avids never gave a days trouble, not super powerful but they lasted many many races and fun rides and I'm feeling like a tosser for taking them off now.

if your front is behaving with the avid rotor and xt caliper then the rear should be ok from a compatability point of view

contamination can always be an issue, as could bleeding, personally find those shimano resivour things hard to bleed.

rear cable is of course much longer than the front, so the brake will always be softer, especially if not throughly bled.

Sounds like the back isn't bedded in properly or the pads are contaminated or you need to bleed them - sometimes even brand new brakes need a bleed.

I vote for a bled, my back brakes were swaak, worked but min power - a quick bleed got them perfect again.

Back brakes should lock up easier than the fronts so if your fronts lock up and not the back then there's problems at the back, rotors are universal in terms of working with any caliper so it's not the rotors.

I would vote for pads. Try sanding them with fine sanding paper, if that does not help just get some proper resin pads they not that expensive.

Also try to lube your pistons, if you take out the pads get some lube in there and then gently push back the pistons before replacing the pads.