2014 Giant Trance 27.5 2

nolipoli

He might be more flexible than you .. he being a world class athlete and all ... no disrespect Dubbs!

That's very true.

I also thought he might have gone with a smaller bike because he needs a more chuck-able bike for racing.

Have you ridden any of these bikes Hairy?

I know you & i are the same length & both of us couldn't be comfortable on a medium Shova.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's very true.

I also thought he might have gone with a smaller bike because he needs a more chuck-able bike for racing.

Have you ridden any of these bikes Hairy?

I know you & i are the same length & both of us couldn't be comfortable on a medium Shova.

Still wanting to test a Giant ... any Giant actually ... somehow I have never managed to lay my grubby paws on one yet, other than a 10m spin on a friends old Trance.

I have been in the saddle though of the 27.5 in a medium and the TT is certainly more roomy than previous models. I am 1.78m and would also not be 100% certain RE the final sizing. The Medium feels right as it is for me, and with 780mm bars it could well work with a 50mm stem. The previous generations of Trance frame were very short in the TT and this was very apparent when sitting on the bike.

Have you sent Dragon an email yet and outlining your concerns, they might just have a demo bike somewhere near you?

I have spoken to a sale person at DS , but he wasn't too sure what direction to point me either.

He is going to chat to his manager & maybe they'll send 1 to a nearby LBS.

Unfortunately the LBS is like 150km from me.

LBS in town usually smokes you on pricing.

Still wanting to test a Giant ... any Giant actually ... somehow I have never managed to lay my grubby paws on one yet, other than a 10m spin on a friends old Trance.

I have been in the saddle though of the 27.5 in a medium and the TT is certainly more roomy than previous models. I am 1.78m and would also not be 100% certain RE the final sizing. The Medium feels right as it is for me, and with 780mm bars it could well work with a 50mm stem. The previous generations of Trance frame were very short in the TT and this was very apparent when sitting on the bike.

Have you sent Dragon an email yet and outlining your concerns, they might just have a demo bike somewhere near you?

Hairy, if you a come for a ride you can try out mine. Also wouldn't mind a go on your new sled

Hairy, if you a come for a ride you can try out mine. Also wouldn't mind a go on your new sled

Kief thanks ... I would also like to go for a ride on my new sled, but the sled ain't a sled'n.

I have ridden a medium in a parking lot, and although it feels pretty good, I am happy that I got the Large, as it allows me to run a short stem without getting cramped.

Do any of you jump your Trances? I'm not talking about BMX type dirt jumps but the downhillish jumps at Tokia and Jonkers. I used to hit them on my stumpjumper and didn't really have a problem (besides worrying that the 32 fork would snap if I landed bad)

I'm keen to go to the garden route trail park soon and would love to do this jump.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=796491327070771&set=vb.544953825557857&type=2&theater

Its quite a huck so wondering if a Trance with a 160 pike will survive.

edit: on 2nd look that jump is pretty big... that DH bike took a bit of a beating. But you get my drift, can a Trance take the bigger hits? gentle road gaps etc.

Do any of you jump your Trances? I'm not talking about BMX type dirt jumps but the downhillish jumps at Tokia and Jonkers. I used to hit them on my stumpjumper and didn't really have a problem (besides worrying that the 32 fork would snap if I landed bad)

I'm keen to go to the garden route trail park soon and would love to do this jump.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=796491327070771&set=vb.544953825557857&type=2&theater

Its quite a huck so wondering if a Trance with a 160 pike will survive.

edit: on 2nd look that jump is pretty big... that DH bike took a bit of a beating. But you get my drift, can a Trance take the bigger hits? gentle road gaps etc.

It'll handle them without trouble. Think of what Danny Megaskills and Chris Akrigg do on their steeds...

Also. Ask Omega Man what the Pikey did on his battered old trance in the France trip. Apparently it was a case in how under utilised our bikes actually are.

I have ridden a medium in a parking lot, and although it feels pretty good, I am happy that I got the Large, as it allows me to run a short stem without getting cramped.

That's how i felt when i test rode the Reign M.

It felt ok with 70mm stem, but the large felt bang on.

I'll ask whether the demo bike can be a large. Then i can run it with a 50mm stem & see whether it'll be right!

Very excited!

A Trance did this gap 2 weeks ago.

attachicon.gif05 Friday-35.JPG

Do any of you jump your Trances? I'm not talking about BMX type dirt jumps but the downhillish jumps at Tokia and Jonkers. I used to hit them on my stumpjumper and didn't really have a problem (besides worrying that the 32 fork would snap if I landed bad)I'm keen to go to the garden route trail park soon and would love to do this jump.https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=796491327070771&set=vb.544953825557857&type=2&theaterIts quite a huck so wondering if a Trance with a 160 pike will survive.edit: on 2nd look that jump is pretty big... that DH bike took a bit of a beating. But you get my drift, can a Trance take the bigger hits? gentle road gaps etc.

This gap is quite insane!

Gotta have some balls & skill to do this.

I've seen a guy do the G-Spot road gap on a stock Trance 2.

I have done this on mine without any hassles. Took me a while to pluck up the courage though! I didn't pop off the jump at all, just dropped off and the speed was plenty to get me over the road.

Can anyone (esp Flowta, Noli & Craigwt) please measure the distance from front of the seat to the centre of the topcap.

That will surely steer me into the right direction.

@Hairy:

DragonSports will let me know tomorrow regarding the demo bike.

Can anyone (esp Flowta, Noli & Craigwt) please measure the distance from front of the seat to the centre of the topcap.

That will surely steer me into the right direction.

@Hairy:

DragonSports will let me know tomorrow regarding the demo bike.

I'll do it this evening

Archived