94.7 number collection

steve61

Ok so quick question!

I got a start in SS.. I did one seeding event, dome to dome, in 3:15.

This is my first 94.7.

I have a csa licence and all.

Should this be a case for a re seed? I can't really afford to have it re seeded but I'm hoping for a sub 3:20ish... I could probably push from ss but am worried about traffic!

Any help or advice guys?

CSA Lic wont help with seeding, only that you don't have to pay for temp lic. Your D2D time should get you a better seeding.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went in this morning at about 10:00 am, took a whole 10 min :cursing: to collect my number, parked at Virgin Active and had to walk and extra 5.0m :cursing: and i felt obligated to pay the car guard 5 rondelas when i left :cursing: had to lug that heavy bag of crap that makes my maid so happy when i hand it over to her :cursing:

Now the confusing part, i got 2 numbers :eek: , yellow and red, so now, do i wear yellow to show everyone how many events i finished so when i scream at them to move over, they'll apologize to me. Or the Red one to show them i'm actually a MTBer from the dark side and they musn't @#$% with me :devil:

I see there is no pins for the race number in the envelope...

:eek:

haha yep, but my wife already made a plan....seems like she cant wait for some "me time" on sunday while I'm slogging it out on the road!

Went in this morning at about 10:00 am, took a whole 10 min :cursing: to collect my number, parked at Virgin Active and had to walk and extra 5.0m :cursing: and i felt obligated to pay the car guard 5 rondelas when i left :cursing: had to lug that heavy bag of crap that makes my maid so happy when i hand it over to her :cursing:

Now the confusing part, i got 2 numbers :eek: , yellow and red, so now, do i wear yellow to show everyone how many events i finished so when i scream at them to move over, they'll apologize to me. Or the Red one to show them i'm actually a MTBer from the dark side and they musn't @#$% with me :devil:

Green numbers for MTB. You are still mean though. Yellow trumps everything.

I Think you all being a Bit Harsh.. Firstly if you parked in Northgate Shopping Centre parking there is No charge, just a Little walk, If you chose to pay R20 to park on the doorstep of the dome thats your choice.

Secondly... It clearly states on your seeding letter that history has shown that Most athletes try and collect their race numbers on the Thursday morning and it has proven to be very crowded so please try and come on the Friday or Saturday. They have accomodated this by staying open until 8pm on a friday night if needed. And being open Most of saturday.

I think its about Choice, we dont pay the entry Fee for Pretty goody bags but for a FULL road closure safe event. Also if we choose to avoid the recomendation not to go the first morning and thus stand in a long queue, that again was our choice.

Yes, I went this morning, and yes i waited a little while. but i expecetd it.

And i cant wait for an awesome race sunday.

Must agree with you - went there today and the queues were 10 min at most

I see there is no pins for the race number in the envelope...

That's why I went all the way to Durbs to do the Shova- to get the pins that comes with ur number.

So if one person collects for example 50 numbers and it takes maybe an hour, there should instead be one person for every number, because a longer queue of 50 people for 50 numbers will be faster?

Went thru at 11 yesterday

parked at the gym right at the entrance

Took 5 mins to register

had a shwarma and a coke then bought some bits and pieces and said hi to some old pals

All a breeze except for that abomination of a road called Malibongwe

Jou afrikaanse "spell checker" het ook sy gat gesien.

Miskien moet jy dalk ook leer dat mense die reg het om te kla oor swak diens.

Gister het hulle swak diens gekry en hulle het die reg om daaroor the kla, dit is onanvaarbaar.

Die waarskuwings van die wedren organiseerders was uitgestuur dat dit nie wys is om die eerste dag nommers te kom afhaal nie. Die toeloop van mense was erg die eerste 8 ure van dag 1. Dit was te verwagte, dit is hoekom hulle ons gewaarsku het. Al die kommentaar daarna op The Hub Sa was positief!

So is dit regtig swak diens?

Sien jy glo in vryheid van spraak, snaaks dat jy net op spelling gefokus is?

Edited by Admin
Abusive language removed

honestly all the gripes about parking. park up at the mall and walk down, its FREE.

as for the Expo, it was rather disappointing. No problem with number collection, but where are all the big names in cycling?

Sram seemed to be a part of Solomons shop, or vice versa, ASG wes there with their new dual sus, Trigon and Giant had 3 or 4 bikes, but i cant honestly remember aanything else...

Too many sports drink and arb stands, and not enough cycling specific. Are they charging too much for exhibit space?

Where are the new 2014 bikes for us to drool over?

Thule was there as good as usual.

My highlight was leaving with a good salami...

Those salamis were fricken delicious....

Ok so quick question!

I got a start in SS.. I did one seeding event, dome to dome, in 3:15.

This is my first 94.7.

I have a csa licence and all.

Should this be a case for a re seed? I can't really afford to have it re seeded but I'm hoping for a sub 3:20ish... I could probably push from ss but am worried about traffic!

Any help or advice guys?

I was also seeded badly in TT. I took my race results from the Jacaranda and Ofm from racetech and got reseeded to J.

I am not sure how many reseeds is still possible so late in the game.

In and out in 10 minutes - last night at about 18:30.

Biggest highlight of my trip to the dome was treating the Lodge(?) security like I treat car guards (just ignored them).

The one bloke walked all the way up to where I parked and asked for R20 - I continued unloading the kids and pram and off we went to collect my number. When I returned, they were no where to be seen.