94.7 number collection

steve61

Die waarskuwings van die wedren organiseerders was uitgestuur dat dit nie wys is om die eerste dag nommers te kom afhaal nie. Die toeloop van mense was erg die eerste 8 ure van dag 1. Dit was te verwagte, dit is hoekom hulle ons gewaarsku het. Al die kommentaar daarna op The Hub Sa was positief!

So is dit regtig swak diens?

Sien jy glo in vryheid van spraak, snaaks dat jy net op spelling gefokus is?

I did you a favour and took the last sentence out for you.

So you are saying that by warning people that they might get bad service it sort of justifies the fact that one can get bad service ?

I am picking on your spelling because it hits a nerve, adding fuel to the fire for you.

So in short.

We get these warnings every single year, I have never in the past 13 odd years from what I recall seen such chaos in my life.

Thursday was probably the worst in the history of of the event.

If they expected such a 'rush' they should have provisioned for it.

There is simply no excuse and no amount of 'positive vibes' you are trying to send out that will change that fact.

So net om the sê dat ń dom vraag ń kort antwoord verdien.

So is dit regtig swak diens? - JA.

Edited by Wyatt Earp

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see there is no pins for the race number in the envelope...

Me to.

I wonder how many people are only going to notice this at 7:00 tonight when all the shops are already closed, or even worse, only notice tomorrow morning.

It's mid morning Saturday - we parked at Northgate for free, picked up our race numbers in seconds - there was no que, assistants were waiting to help us. Now we're browsing the stalls and having a coffee. All in all a very pleasant experience.

:-)

Me to.

I wonder how many people are only going to notice this at 7:00 tonight when all the shops are already closed, or even worse, only notice tomorrow morning.

Let's not get negative about it, I am sure it was just an honest little mistake, a little touch of forgetfulness, everything so far has been 110 %

Let's not get negative about it, I am sure it was just an honest little mistake, a little touch of forgetfulness, everything so far has been 110 %

Yhea, I does not bother me, as I have lots of safety pins. I just worry for the guy who does one race a year, and is not prepared for this.

Are Cav and I just the odd ones that did not get pins, or did everybody not get pins?

Edited by garyvdm

The name substitution is a joke, you have to stand in a pathetically long line when it can all be done on line, but when you try to do it online, they decline and tell you that it can only be done at the expo, get with the times people. I'm riding on the entrant I bought couldn't be bothered to go through all of this red tape

I Think you all being a Bit Harsh.. Firstly if you parked in Northgate Shopping Centre parking there is No charge, just a Little walk, If you chose to pay R20 to park on the doorstep of the dome thats your choice.

Secondly... It clearly states on your seeding letter that history has shown that Most athletes try and collect their race numbers on the Thursday morning and it has proven to be very crowded so please try and come on the Friday or Saturday. They have accomodated this by staying open until 8pm on a friday night if needed. And being open Most of saturday.

I think its about Choice, we dont pay the entry Fee for Pretty goody bags but for a FULL road closure safe event. Also if we choose to avoid the recomendation not to go the first morning and thus stand in a long queue, that again was our choice.

Yes, I went this morning, and yes i waited a little while. but i expecetd it.

And i cant wait for an awesome race sunday.

I agree with u ferret69

I collected yesterday. Was in and out of expo with 15min. And walked through the expo as well. Was pretty smooth collection in my opinion.

Yhea, I does not bother me, as I have lots of safety pins. I just worry for the guy who dose one race a year, and is not prepared for this.

Are Cav and I just the odd ones that did not get pins, or did everybody not get pins?

Collected 4 bags and no safety pins either.

Why are they called safety pins when they steek the k@k out of me almost every time I try and pin my number to my back :huh:

Edited by Hennie VR

My experience with collection was great.

I did the Twitter Ride and after some free chow and beverages, I left my bike in my car (free parking outside Virgin Active) and went back into the Expo. Stood no longer than 5 minutes in the VV line. Took a walk through the Expo, and got a few things I needed (floor pump, energy bars) and perused a bit. Left after about 30minutes. Wasnt much traffic leaving the area.

Given the large number of entrants and logistical nightmare it must be, I must commend the organisers of the event on a good job.