Why do we act like idiots??

Graveldonkey

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave up cycling roughly 13 years ago, and then rekindled the fire earlier this year. I spent many hours/day's perusing silently through this forum. Looking at all the b1itching, moaning, and the stories of bike-jackings and concerns around safety started to put me off and I wondered if it was even worth pursuing again.

I did my first mtb race last Sunday on a borrowed bike, had lots of fun, fell off, carried on riding, finished and met new people. Overall had a good time and experience.

Read this post, read the comments and it left me asking this one question....Where can I get more of the MTB Kool-Aid? :drool:

We all have choices and options in the things we do. We all perceive things differently, and we are all ultimately responsible for the way we react to each and every situation. I may be labelled an idiot, or a noob or whatever other names/stigma's are floating around, I just cant wait to get back on the bike this weekend and have fun. :D

makes sense, delivery bike probably lighter than a dogma

sound like me when I was a kid on my 3 speed cruiser... now I have twenty something gears and evrey now and then I overtake some person who rode for the first time the day before and its like wow I passed someone .... but some of those old dudes eish ... they come past me all the time up tokai makes me want to throw my bike and kit off the mountain and walk home naked ..crying...lol

i enjoyed how some find the need to defend themselves and seperate themselves from the stigma. But try going out for supper with non cyclist. You are bound to look like a Deer caught in the headlights.......but then.........yes, someone mentioned something about taking on the Argus for the first time.....and.........JACKPOT........Its socializing time people....and from then on out every sentence you embark on begins with "What you should do is....."

And for those who believe that this is how it should be..... your an idiot.

MTB friends. you are included. when i used the term "Cyclists" it included all types of two wheel human power technology. As a avid MTB idiot. its even worse. i get fully kitted for every ride to show off my new white booties. even to ride with my son in his 20" around the block. jip......u guessed it.....Idiotic.......but i know im not the only.

just ride ride & ride, with your son and you'll stop being an idiot. it worked for me.

Edited by ccc2

If you are sensitive to self scrutinee and constructive criticism. Dont bother reading any further. you will find this offensive!!!

I recently got off my IDT to allow enough oxygen flow through to my brain to have a "Eureka" moment..... we (cyclists) are all idiots!!! yes....u heard me right.

Can you please help with advice on dusting off my IDT?

having a friendly chat with Joe Soap of cycling in

And here is why:

Every single person i know in this sport act like a school boy being caught in the act fapping in a cubical during break time when they are ambushed into a conversations on topics other than cycling.

If we are seeded anywhere in the single numeric of the Argus, we believe it is one of us that will podium on the day and sitting on the cross bar of our bikes (pre race) are going to get us a spot on the Intellibus team. --- idiots

Radioshack is the team to be on!

We also believe we have the right to shout commands such as "MOOOVE!!" and "KEEP LEFT!!" all the way through each ride so we can be respected as the faster rider (only to be caught later in the race) --- Idiots

Normal too out of breath hanging onto the back of the cool bunch to shout anything.

Strava is the latest tool to show that you are into this game and mean business. Even though you might find this hard to believe..... no one checks what you have done except your stupid cycling mates. --- idiots

end of part one, to be continued....

Strava reminds me that I am way below average and getting a PB is reason for a week of celebration.

Having a Pimped or lighter bike is only a indication of your stupidity level in this sport, and some oke on a Raleigh RC3000 is waiting to kick your butt. Or maybe he has already. But you pretended not to notice while you were busy scanning your stupid monitoring equipment indicating how much fart you have accumulated from the last banana consumption......... Yes you!!!..... dont look behind you....... you know who you are. --- idiots

I ride a lesser bike than a Raleigh RC3000

having a friendly chat with Joe Soap of cycling in the local bike shop and then ignoring everyone at Killarney with your kit on is absolutely rediculous. You do realise people still recognise you with cycling kit on? ---Idiots

All cyclists look alike when wearing lycra cycling kit. Never give a wolfs whistle at the nice legs of that skinny 'girl'!

even if you did make it onto the Pro scene does not take away your courtesy and personality. You are still allowed to act like a normal decent person. --- idiots

I hardly know any cyclists only cycling autobots

Going to the local Pub with a Specialized shirt on means nothing to the chics. They dont cycle and they dont care. Its how you get her home that matters. And taking chics to your Moms house aint cool. --- idiots

Chicks are normally just too glad that I wear a shirt, it hides my sweaty, hairy beer belly!

Why do we act like @ssholes towards cyclists when we drive cars, and the same when we ride our bicycles?? --- idiots

All road users are @ssholes, irrespective of mode of transport. All of them are to be treated with disrespect

This sport is becoming more and more brain dead as it grows. And the more i think about it.... the more i am starting to believe the bicycle has a slow releasing brain killing poison which is transferred into the @sshole of the guy / girl riding it.

Do not sit on your gonads, rather sit on your pelvic bones

I am one of the idiots, so dont criticise me, rather try and understand and make sense of this theory.

regards,

idiot

end of part two. the end

So it is true. we are all idiots........Now onto something more important...........I am still looking for my Cape Storm water bottle i lost in the Argus 4 years ago. Can anyone help me? Desperately seeking still.......

So it is true. we are all idiots........Now onto something more important...........I am still looking for my Cape Storm water bottle i lost in the Argus 4 years ago. Can anyone help me? Desperately seeking still.......

Some idiot clearly took it :ph34r:

This IDIOT can't wait for the weekend to do some cycling with all the other IDIOTS in my area..........no honey will never call you an IDIOT!!

Always wanted to know how you get on your period and was it a man that invented this interesting terminology ??

Was not a man Mom .

It was a idiot who invented the terminology

Always wanted to know how you get on your period and was it a man that invented this interesting terminology ??

I found this:

The term “period” in reference to menstruation dates from 1822 and means an “interval of time” or a “repeated cycle of events.”j

And bizarrely this:

Walt Disney made a movie about menstruation titled “The Story of Menstruation” in 1946. It most likely is the first film to use the word “vagina.”n

@ Jaxtun

a closed mouth gathers no foot ......................

Edited by Iron