Why do we act like idiots??

Graveldonkey

If you are sensitive to self scrutinee and constructive criticism. Dont bother reading any further. you will find this offensive!!!

I recently got off my IDT to allow enough oxygen flow through to my brain to have a "Eureka" moment..... we (cyclists) are all idiots!!! yes....u heard me right.

And here is why:

Every single person i know in this sport act like a school boy being caught in the act fapping in a cubical during break time when they are ambushed into a conversations on topics other than cycling.

If we are seeded anywhere in the single numeric of the Argus, we believe it is one of us that will podium on the day and sitting on the cross bar of our bikes (pre race) are going to get us a spot on the Intellibus team. --- idiots

We also believe we have the right to shout commands such as "MOOOVE!!" and "KEEP LEFT!!" all the way through each ride so we can be respected as the faster rider (only to be caught later in the race) --- Idiots

Strava is the latest tool to show that you are into this game and mean business. Even though you might find this hard to believe..... no one checks what you have done except your stupid cycling mates. --- idiots

Having a Pimped or lighter bike is only a indication of your stupidity level in this sport, and some oke on a Raleigh RC3000 is waiting to kick your butt. Or maybe he has already. But you pretended not to notice while you were busy scanning your stupid monitoring equipment indicating how much fart you have accumulated from the last banana consumption......... Yes you!!!..... dont look behind you....... you know who you are. --- idiots

having a friendly chat with Joe Soap of cycling in the local bike shop and then ignoring everyone at Killarney with your kit on is absolutely rediculous. You do realise people still recognise you with cycling kit on? ---Idiots

even if you did make it onto the Pro scene does not take away your courtesy and personality. You are still allowed to act like a normal decent person. --- idiots

Going to the local Pub with a Specialized shirt on means nothing to the chics. They dont cycle and they dont care. Its how you get her home that matters. And taking chics to your Moms house aint cool. --- idiots

Why do we act like @ssholes towards cyclists when we drive cars, and the same when we ride our bicycles?? --- idiots

This sport is becoming more and more brain dead as it grows. And the more i think about it.... the more i am starting to believe the bicycle has a slow releasing brain killing poison which is transferred into the @sshole of the guy / girl riding it.

I am one of the idiots, so dont criticise me, rather try and understand and make sense of this theory.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also an idiot...

But -

When has this been any different?

Cycling as a culture has not changed. Deal with it. It's only more evident now that the sport is bigger than its ever been.

And with it now being the new golf for every Tom, dick, and Harry, it's always going to be an equipment expense = peni5 size contest. But when has it been different?

The Core riders still glide over the tarmac with a quiet dignity and a deserved air of supremacy as the stravassholes scream by out of breath, only to be caught on the next 5% gradient.

Don't be an idiot. Accept that that's the way it is and stick to your own handlebars... F*ck the rest.

Edited by AfdElite

Good thing that NONE of those generalisations bear any resemblance to how I behave on a bike or on a ride... Strava - yay. Yes, I use it, but only to map my rides against myself and one or 2 mates. Couldn't give a toss how I rate against someone else.

If I see someone I know I shout it from the rooftops, greeting them in all the fanfare they require. Shortly followed by passing them a cold beer.

I don't own a Spaz shirt, or any other sort of cycling paraphernalia, out to a pub / club. They're my "housework" shirts cos they fit well and I don't care if they get dirty.

Couldn't care how bling my bike is, but I want it to be comfortable and ride well. Net cost of my bike? R 12k.

My power meter is the little dial on my car showing how much petrol I'm using at that time. And I try to keep it as low as possible!

Idiots...

Going to the local Pub with a Specialized shirt on means nothing to the chics. They dont cycle and they dont care. Its how you get her home that matters. And taking chics to your Moms house aint cool. --- idiots

:( But I don't have my own place yet.

Will I still be a Idiot if I take her to her mom's house? If her dad sees me in my Spez shirt he will think I'm such a pro :D

I look like a idiot at every race....no branded shirt (except maybe the Maxxed logo)' my ass is too wide and my legs to short, I were non-paired white socks, my shoes are polished, I have a cheapy "gel-flow" seat, My wheels have got Schrader valves and I have a back pack with so much kit that it seems I am going on a five day trek.

But when I stop next to a racing snake to offer help and tools.....it does not matter.

If you are sensitive to self scrutinee and constructive criticism. Dont bother reading any further. you will find this offensive!!!

I recently got off my IDT to allow enough oxygen flow through to my brain to have a "Eureka" moment..... we (cyclists) are all idiots!!! yes....u heard me right.

And here is why:

Every single person i know in this sport act like a school boy being caught in the act fapping in a cubical during break time when they are ambushed into a conversations on topics other than cycling.

If we are seeded anywhere in the single numeric of the Argus, we believe it is one of us that will podium on the day and sitting on the cross bar of our bikes (pre race) are going to get us a spot on the Intellibus team. --- idiots

We also believe we have the right to shout commands such as "MOOOVE!!" and "KEEP LEFT!!" all the way through each ride so we can be respected as the faster rider (only to be caught later in the race) --- Idiots

Strava is the latest tool to show that you are into this game and mean business. Even though you might find this hard to believe..... no one checks what you have done except your stupid cycling mates. --- idiots

Having a Pimped or lighter bike is only a indication of your stupidity level in this sport, and some oke on a Raleigh RC3000 is waiting to kick your butt. Or maybe he has already. But you pretended not to notice while you were busy scanning your stupid monitoring equipment indicating how much fart you have accumulated from the last banana consumption......... Yes you!!!..... dont look behind you....... you know who you are. --- idiots

having a friendly chat with Joe Soap of cycling in the local bike shop and then ignoring everyone at Killarney with your kit on is absolutely rediculous. You do realise people still recognise you with cycling kit on? ---Idiots

even if you did make it onto the Pro scene does not take away your courtesy and personality. You are still allowed to act like a normal decent person. --- idiots

Why do we act like @ssholes towards cyclists when we drive cars, and the same when we ride our bicycles?? --- idiots

This sport is becoming more and more brain dead as it grows. And the more i think about it.... the more i am starting to believe the bicycle has a slow releasing brain killing poison which is transferred into the @sshole of the guy / girl riding it.

I am one of the idiots, so dont criticise me, rather try and understand and make sense of this theory.

Neither I nor any of my mates have done any of the things on that list... Come hang out at the back of the pack some day - cyclists aplenty but not an idiot in sight :)