Cycling "virgin"

silkman

I used to play alot of squash and do road running. My knees and back are now really bad and I am keen to take to the road on a bicycle.

I've tried a road bike and know it's something I will enjoy.

Before investing in my own bike I wanted to strengthen my back and knees and would appreciate any advice for a new cyclist like myself.

Thans for the help.

Yeah............buy a Mountain Bike :thumbup:

*get's the h£ll outta Dodge before the roadies lynch him*

Jokes aside, I was carrying old rugby, cricket, athletics...etc etc injuries, and just by cycling I've strengthened my core and 'support structure' muscles and don't get seriously hurt much any more.

Good luck Bud!

As far as your back goes, it may be better to go for a bike like a Merida Ride rather than a Merida Race. The Ride has a slightly longer frame geometry and is easier on the back. For your knees set-up is crucial and make sure they get you cleats spot-on.

Edited by Dazshell

As far as your back goes, it may be better to go for a bike like a Merida Ride rather than a Merida Race. The Ride has a slightly longer frame geometry and is easier on the back. For your knees set-up is crucial and make sure they get you cleats spot-on.

From someone who is also prone to knee injuries after a chequered rugby career at school I can vouch for the fact that a proper set-up is absolutely vital. You can skimp on some things the set up is not one of them.

so the setup is done at a cycling store after I get my bike right?

lol @ T.I.T.S

Edited by silkman

so the setup is done at a cycling store after I get my bike right?

lol @ T.I.T.S

Most of the time. But it depends on where you go. You get setups and "set ups"