How much would you pay for an entry into the Absa Cape Epic?

Claudio

I think the Terms&Conditions in the article might be a little confusing:

Terms and Conditions:

• One two-rider team entry to the 2014 Absa Cape Epic will be auctioned on bidorbuy.co.za

• The person with the highest bid will buy the tickets. Any amount bid over R45 900.00 will go to Qhubeka to mobilise people on bicycles.

• Closing date for bids is Wednesday 27 November at 21:00

• The winning bidder will be notified via email and asked to make payment and complete the transaction.

• The winning bidder must be willing to make themselves available for Qhubeka to use in promotional material around the Absa Cape Epic.

Discover more and enter your bid!

Either i am misreading the part in bold or it implies only the amount over R45900 is going towards charity. Or did they imply the "reserve" or "minimum" required to sell the ticket was R45900 and that the entire amount would go towards charity as long as it hits the minimum amount?

Edited by silvertemplar

If this is true and is in fact only R2 100 to go to charity, they could literally just have asked hubbers for R10 each...

But that marketing though...

I think the Terms&Conditions in the article might be a little confusing:

Either i am misreading the part in bold or it implies only the amount over R45900 is going towards charity. Or did they imply the "reserve" or "minimum" required to sell the ticket was R45900 and that the entire amount would go towards charity as long as it hits the minimum amount?

Perhaps i misread it to.. i guess this is where that punctuation/grammar stuff i learned in school would come in handy?

Perhaps i misread it to.. i guess this is where that punctuation/grammar stuff i learned in school would come in handy?

Also, in adding an extra o to that 'to' so it says 'too'...

My pleasure...

What are you'se arguing about again....nice vest

Thanks brah, its called a wife beater

No arguing, just asking the cast from Jozi Shore to chill

Thanks brah, its called a wife beater

No arguing, just asking the cast from Jozi Shore to chill

Oh damn... hasn't been a decent argument about the epic anything for awhile now...

I wont ask about why a wife beater :oops:

Here’s how I interpreted it:

Epic allocates a slot to Qhubeka, who can use it to raise money in anyway they see fit. Qhubeka still has to pay for the entry, but anything over and above the entry fee is ‘profit’ for the charity.

This makes sense if it’s a high demand item, and actually sells for R90k. But since it basically went for the reserve price the ‘charity amount’ is minimal.

SOOOOOO, what does this mean.

A) to answer the question…people don’t want to pay a premium over and above a huge ticket price

B) the socalled high demand is actually not there. Lots of page views but very few actual bites(remember you can always back out of the offer too).

C) Egg on face. Whoops.

Everyone is looking for a bargain thats why these things will never work.

I was at the 94.7 qhubeka charity evening and saw how some bloke bought a MTN Qhubeka team bike with all the bells and whistles plus a extra frame in his size for R67K what a bargain as these bikes are valued at about R110K.

Wonder if you have to cycle in their kit as well after purchasing the entry or do you have to pay the substitution fee as well :mellow:

Your mom likes a lil aggression sometimes...

Cool story bro

I heard though that the roids have some nasty side effects, does your boyfriend agree?

I think the whole event is aimed at foreign entrants with much larger budgets, or maybe corporate companies that can use it for advertising or as a tax benefit. Personally i can do many weekends away and much more riding with that money.