DC and the white line

stratus5

I just think that perhaps clubs are easier targets than sponsored teams.

The winners of this race are just an unsponsored ragtag bunch of club riders? Who beat sponsored teams and Euro pros?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things:

1.) Pre-emptively(beofre disqualification) lodge complaints (with photo evidence) of all the other teams that crossed the line

2.) Every year there is a huge bitch fight about the winners/top teams breaking some or other rule here on the hub & in social media. Surely participating in the race isn't worth it for top teams / sponsored teams anymore!

</lame off>

Lay a complaint against the teams in the photos then.

Now why the heck would I do that? I understand why the teams crossed the white line. PPA surely understands the issues with slow wide teams as well.

Why take it further with a specific club? Recognise there is a problem with the race format and act on it going forward.

The winners of this race are just an unsponsored ragtag bunch of club riders? Who beat sponsored teams and Euro pros?

So which club chairman, would handle a complaint about them?

Two things:

1.) Pre-emptively(beofre disqualification) lodge complaints (with photo evidence) of all the other teams that crossed the line

2.) Every year there is a huge bitch fight about the winners/top teams breaking some or other rule here on the hub & in social media. Surely participating in the race isn't worth it for top teams / sponsored teams anymore!

</lame off>

Nooo. If there is a formal complaint then PPA would have to follow process and the top teams would need to be disqualified, which would be a very very silly outcome.

I would also be Mr popularity ;>)

I say, give everyone a warning, if it happens next year your dq'd....

It will happen again next year, and the year after that and so on and so forth.

At least until there are mass disqualifications or a complete revamp of the format.

It's not a case of a few riders being naughty, its impossible not to do so AND ride a good time.

Now why the heck would I do that? I understand why the teams crossed the white line. PPA surely understands the issues with slow wide teams as well.

Why take it further with a specific club? Recognise there is a problem with the race format and act on it going forward.

Because some other team probably did it to your team, thinking "oh, they have no evidence WE did the same, so nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah..."

Do it dude. Either put up or stay by the rules that you signed for when you entered. They're only going after you because:

A) You broke the rules

B) Someone lodged a complaint

C) They have photographic evidence

I see the usual DC flurry of objections / handbag-slinging borefest has begun.

The solution - as suggested - is surely to fix the start times. Send the fast guys first, or just much earlier.

Around km 140, our DC turned into something similar to the Argus minus the road closure.

A bazillion teams all bunched together, with traffic, including 18 wheelers, trying to get through in both directions, and support vehicles without a qualified stuntman at the wheel were lost miles down the road never to be seen again.

Rules are rules.

Hmmmm

And that means even if the last team break the rules they should get a DNF . So it seems there will be a 100% DNF rate ?

So if you want to win the DC, all you need to is get the worst seeding, stay left of the center line for the whole route, and film every other team as they come past.

Hey presto - Gold medals all round!

Then I'm in with a chance next year :D :D

It will happen again next year, and the year after that and so on and so forth.

At least until there are mass disqualifications or a complete revamp of the format.

It's not a case of a few riders being naughty, its impossible not to do so AND ride a good time.

We also rode, we got a top20 position, the slow groups is in your way...we had loads of cases where they take over the whole lane and the only way to past is over the white line...even if you say 'keep left' you get a 'wait your turn...etc'

I see it this way, was there any accidents due to this? No....it was clean overtaking and then the race carried on