Cape Town Giants please take note

Maniax

After the hill just after Klapmuts, one of your riders donning the CTG club gear decided that he will take the downhill on the far RIGHT side of the road (in the yellow line) with his helmet swinging from the handlebars.

It might be something you want to look into. Thats just dumb (totally illegal) but dumb, especially if you ride for a club.

After the hill just after Klapmuts, one of your riders donning the CTG club gear decided that he will take the downhill on the far RIGHT side of the road (in the yellow line) with his helmet swinging from the handlebars.

It might be something you want to look into. Thats just dumb (totally illegal) but dumb, especially if you ride for a club.

C'mon guys, are'nt you being a bit harsh. It's one guy, not the whole club. Maybe he pulled out of the race. You should have taken his race number down and reported him to marshalls. Just my opinion.

C'mon guys, are'nt you being a bit harsh. It's one guy, not the whole club. Maybe he pulled out of the race. You should have taken his race number down and reported him to marshalls. Just my opinion.

I would not want to ride for this club, by choice, seen and heard too many bad things about CTG...

I suspect that you are right and it was a withdrawal possibly just looking for an area to be collected.

Unfortunately, when you wear a kit and represent an organisation/club, you are that organisation/club ... a point that too many individuals tend to forget.

Nobody cares who the individual is, it is the organisation/club.

Personally i think its because they have many youngsters and its difficult to keep order

Huh..

Edited by DMC007

This was 10 km before the end, there were no pickup stations ahead (he missed on 4km back), and what the hell is he doing facing oncoming traffic helmetless?

Maybe its a lack of education from the club side. I pointing it out so that they can look into it.

i couldnt get his number , he was on the far side of the road....

I suspect that you are right and it was a withdrawal possibly just looking for an area to be collected.

Unfortunately, when you wear a kit and represent an organisation/club, you are that organisation/club ... a point that too many individuals tend to forget.

Nobody cares who the individual is, it is the organisation/club.

You are right there, wearing a club kit is just as important as a sponsors kit.

I am always amazed at the number of guys I see before and after a race who ride with their helmut hanging from their bars.

Once again the triathlon guys have the right solution, instant DQ if you have you bike in your hands without a helmet secured to your dome. Also useful because triathletes don't really know how to ride a bike anyway

I am always amazed at the number of guys I see before and after a race who ride with their helmut hanging from their bars.

Once again the triathlon guys have the right solution, instant DQ if you have you bike in your hands without a helmet secured to your dome. Also useful because triathletes don't really know how to ride a bike anyway

100%

Your helmet, bar ends ect all get checked before and like you say - no (working) helmet no race

Looks like guy abandoned race and gets out of way fellow riders in left shoulder. He walks on right shoulder facing oncoming traffic if memory serves me right from primary school that is the right way. He then takes a freewheel down a hill. Geez what's the big deal? Who would not do this if your bike is busted?So it never occured to you to stop to check if your fellow cyclist is ok? Instead your only thought is to get home to post on the hub to stir ****

Also useful because triathletes don't really know how to ride a bike anyway

They still do 2/3 things better than most cyclists.