People that do this on the spruit should be banned (or shot).

MTBc

Went for an easy ride along the spruit yesterday morning and noticed a gathering of people in the Cypress walk section - a picnic or braai. Lekker spot for it.

This morning, on my ride in however, this is what it looked like:

http://distilleryimage6.ak.instagram.com/bbc6c4205b2111e38a29120622f885c2_8.jpg

This is about 1/4 of the mess. I can only assume the rubbish was left there because the people using the park failed to locate the dustbins - the brown and blue colours camouflages them, rendering them practically invisible.

Unfortunately happens everywhere - with the Christmas season now here be prepared to see it more and more often.

I once stopped at a group as they were leaving and asked who they think was going to clean up after them - not a good idea unless you're in karate monkey kind of mood :)

Not being able to locate a dustbin is no excuse to litter like that. If they were able to bring it there, they should be able to take it with them and trough it away. Disgusting that people have such a mentality! :thumbdown:

Same thing happens ALL over the country. Unfortunately not everyone is as caring about the environment as others are. The mentality amazes me that they will go out and enjoy a clean environment, yet are too lazy to take their crap away with them.

And if you have the audacity to confront them regarding their mess :cursing: !

Not being able to locate a dustbin is no excuse to litter like that. If they were able to bring it there, they should be able to take it with them and trough it away. Disgusting that people have such a mentality! :thumbdown:

The "can't find dustbin" comment was sarcy - 2 dustbins can clearly be seen, about 15m away - 1 brown and 1 blue.

Grrr! Makes my blood boil. If you want to make your own home a mess, by all means go for it. But some (many) people are so selfish, they think nothing of taking a spot that they felt pretty enough to picnic at and ruining it for everyone who comes afterwards! Who would stop and picnic there now? I just wish I could get those people back and FORCE them to clean up. If only the world was always fair and good! :cursing:

I always chirp when I see it happening. Doesn't often help but MAYBE the ^%&%& will take a moment next time and engage their brains.

They have no self respect....it happens all over.....it is the same reason people throw their junk out of car windows...

This grates me!

We try keep bins/bags in the car, the kids get a mouthful from me when they even throw stuff in the car. They're getting it as youngens & hopefully will not be mors jorse.

It happens everywhere, there's guys in my building that leave trash on the floor in the basement, educated people who earn in the R500k region, why not just take it to your desk and bin it, lazy ass fawkers! :cursing:

I worked with a guy once many years ago who threw his rubish out the window of the company bakkie I was driving. I flipped out and asked him 'what the f" he was doing. He looked at me like I was an idiot and said if he doesnt throw the stuff out the window then the street cleaners wont have jobs. My question of "what street cleaners?" didn't seem to penetrate.

What I see more and more of these days around Magalies are scenes like the one on the Spruit but also scattered about are numerous beer bottles or rum & coke bottles etc. A sure sign that there are many drunk idiots driving on the roads these days.

I worked with a guy once many years ago who threw his rubish out the window of the company bakkie I was driving. I flipped out and asked him 'what the f" he was doing. He looked at me like I was an idiot and said if he doesnt throw the stuff out the window then the street cleaners wont have jobs. My question of "what street cleaners?" didn't seem to penetrate.

I once saw one of our employees through rubbish of the back of our company vehicle. I stopped next to the road asked him why he did that and he gave me the same answer whilst the rest of the workers had a grin on their faces. Made him pick up his rubbish and made all the other guys also pick up someone else's junk and then asked them how it felt to pick up other peoples rubbish. IT NEVER HAPPENED AGAIN!