Ninety Niner Cycle Tour

Pure Savage

how long is the gravel piece? I have to ride ~800m of gravel each way before i get to tar/when i get back from my ride, so I'm kinda ready for it

just shy of 2km

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how long is the gravel piece? I have to ride ~800m of gravel each way before i get to tar/when i get back from my ride, so I'm kinda ready for it

About 2km, first km flat and second km a fast downhill

Yes, I also like the idea of a 99km 99er, I suppose it's an "orderly mind" thing. ;)

I seem to be having a mental "thing" about races longer than 100km, so now there's one excuse less not to do this one!

There was a gravel section on the Tour De Worcester. It was lotsa fun, and I have an agressive frame.

It really depends how well they compact it. I think the fresh tar on the Burger was worse than some of the gravel I experienced in Worcester

The Fisantekraal bridge, at about km 7 km on you course, is closed after a coal train derailed and damaged it.

Prob closed for 3 months.

Might affect the course.

The Fisantekraal bridge, at about km 7 km on you course, is closed after a coal train derailed and damaged it.

Might affect the course.

Surely the authorities will just construct a short detour around the bridge with a level crossing?

Surely the authorities will just construct a short detour around the bridge with a level crossing?

Not possible/will be difficult, track is slightly elevated.

Not possible/will be difficult, track is slightly elevated.

Possibly add 5 kms and reroute via Klipheuwel?

Then it might intersect with the return bound riders and create logistical challenges.

I'm keen for this 1, never done it before but ridden most of that route including the Odendaal Rd climb...can imagine it's quite the heart-breaker at the end of a ride.

Legs should be good approaching Argus then too

I'm keen for this 1, never done it before but ridden most of that route including the Odendaal Rd climb...can imagine it's quite the heart-breaker at the end of a ride.

Legs should be good approaching Argus then too

Stay tuned for a training ride or two this December.

Might affect the course.

I rode over the bridge this morning, 100% fine for cyclists, actually now its even better as the traffic is less!

You don't notice any damage as you go over the bridge, the train lying below the bridge is a big mess though!

:clap: