Whats in your commuting backpack and what type?

Active Monkey

post-16445-0-78437500-1392801390_thumb.jpg

Front compartment (closest to my back): towel, toiletry bag with shower gel, deo & facecloth.

Back compartment: work clothes (top to toe including shoes & undies)

Bottom compartment: tools (tubeless kit, multitool, chain oil, tyre levers, bombs)

Top front pouch: old emergency Gu and a pack of sweets (energellies). just in case.

Left side: light + battery pack.

Right side: shades. have 1 x clear pair and 1 x dark pair for day / night.

What is that make and model of that bag, tried Google and it gave me nothing.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is that make and model of that bag, tried Google and it gave me nothing.

Got it for R1k on an ASG hub auction: https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/129862-weekend-sale-save-r1900-on-a-solar-powered-backpack/

ASG also has solar powered hydration pack variations if you want a bladder in it. Google "site:thehubsa.co.za scicon solar" if you're interested. I called them in Jan and they had a few on offer below usual cost.

A 8g flash .............................. with work to be done at home after my commute :(

Yes Covie, I think you are the only one with 2 x sets of clothing. The rest of us have to slum it. At least I get a bit of fun when getting home and get to chase the wife around the house to catch her so that I can give her a "hello kiss" ... needles to say she is not a fan of wet and smelly cycling kit.....

A 8g flash .............................. with work to be done at home after my commute :(

Drop box is the answer.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Just feedback on the Jeep Backpack

Packed my socks and arm warmers into the bag for the commute home this afternoon.  Closed the bag.  Started searching for my wallet.  Opened up the bag...  Could not fin the wallet where I put it.  So looked in the other compartment.  And low and behold it was there.  So upon close inspection, I found that the bag was not stitched in some places.  Not a huge problem, but found that the one compartment was coming loose at more than one place.  So I am sending the bag back in less than a week.  So I am back to the KWay bag for now.  Missing that 5l extra storage space...

• 2 weeks later...

Crumpler seedy 3. Bought it ages ago and still looks new. multitool, bombs. Sometimes a change of clothes, depending on whether I haven't managed to stock up my locker. C'est tout.

• 4 weeks later...

On my 3rd Jeep Back pack.  Serious, do not buy it!  Next one I am going to request a refund.  They are absolute trash!

K-Way Gradient 25

• Lock
  • Lunch
  • Hydration bladder (If I commute over Kloofnek)
  • Towel  (If I commute over Kloofnek)
  • Fresh clothes (If I commute over Kloofnek)
  • Work things 

Leave shoes at work. 

post-43518-0-26496300-1443509757_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Looking around for something to replace my old Black Wolf Fury 30. Got a good 7 years out of this bag, daily commute and all my overseas trips....

http://blackwolf.com.au/admin/uploads/product_images/big/BW14_Fury_30_Blue.jpg

After a 30-35L pack to replace it with..

Not too keen on K-Way, thinking the Osprey Momentum (good for commuting, but might not be good for day hikes?):

http://tfgsrv.wigroup.co/19/DetailAlternative/31416776_01.jpg