Full Suspension Bike - R30K Budget

Caerus

Hi all,

Well it seems I will be in the market for a new Full Suspoension bike thanks to a generous donation from a relative. Thanks Uncle Jimmy , I'll ride it like I stole it. :thumbup:

So I'm currently looking at the Trance 650b or the PYGA 650b.

Any other recommendations of suggestions? Thanking You.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Well it seems I will be in the market for a new Full Suspoension bike thanks to a generous donation from a relative. Thanks Uncle Jimmy , I'll ride it like I stole it. :thumbup:

Action can offer you the 650b Trance at 20.9K ... and we all know you are a Giant fan.

PYGA ... only ridden the 29er duallie, but if the suspension feel is anywhere the same then this is a great bike to build up.

Donate the groupset from your HT and build up a wicked set of wheels with a great fork and you will be rocking .... just a side note ... Patrick said that the X-Fusion fork so far is the only fork that has done justice to his frames ... just saying!

Hi all,

Tough choice between those two! Both have had excellent reviews....

Some more options, although it might be a bit above budget (it's ridiculous how expensive bikes have become...)

- Intense Tracer 275 (Like HaleyEarth's)

- Santa Cruz 5010

- Turner Burner

- Nukeproof have a couple of nice 27.5 bikes

Try talking to the South African Cotic importer. They might still have the demo Rocket frame.....serious fun

Oooooo that is nice!

Action can offer you the 650b Trance at 20.9K ... and we all know you are a Giant fan.

PYGA ... only ridden the 29er duallie, but if the suspension feel is anywhere the same then this is a great bike to build up.

Donate the groupset from your HT and build up a wicked set of wheels with a great fork and you will be rocking .... just a side note ... Patrick said that the X-Fusion fork so far is the only fork that has done justice to his frames ... just saying!

I'm up in Durban next week, so that will be most likely where I will purchase from, I bought my last bike from Cyclesphere and without even asking they offered me a 15% discount for the repeat business.

I will certainly make a trip or two up to Maritzborough to go for a test ride on that PYGA, get to kill two birds with one stone an awesome ride in Karkloof and test ride on a PYGA.

The sound of a Santa Cruz makes me all warm and fuzzy inside, that has to be one of my dream bikes, so will certainly look into that as well.

Would be my choice but i also like the Pyga ONETWENTY650.

:drool: Thinking of also incorporating a few upgrades as well, I'm getting a great deal from on the Trance though, with a wheel upgrade as well. Damn these decisions