Selling on the Hub

Johno

I have to get this off my chest and look forward to the response.

I shop for bike parts on the hub for the express purpose of saving ash. If i can purchase parts and save money well that's the point is it not? Some people seem to think that because they are selling new parts that they should be able to sell for the original LBS prices. If i wanted to pay original prices i would buy from the LBS. I get the backup if an item breaks and there is some sort of warranty on the part. Not so if i buy on the hub as i cant expect you to replace the damaged part new or not.

So my gripe is this. If you price it right, it will sell. Please don't expect to get original prices even if its new. Please don't get shirty with me if i put in a low offer.

Ciao

Edited by the popester

Guest Latent Blue

Wow, such revolutionary!

You mean I should only buy something when I like the price?

Much amazement. Such clarity!

Why does it bother you so much? Does it make you feel better posting this OP. Just ignore the item for sale and move on too other bargain buys you are looking for. Some people believe that is what the item is worth and will stick to that price until they realise it does not sell

The OP is making a valid point! If the item for sale is priced same as LBS then I would also prepare to buy from the shop. Whether the item is boxed and still sealed or not.

He's getting the message across to all those Sellers that are delutional in getting retail prices here on the Hub for new items.

I have to get this off my chest and look forward to the response.

I shop for bike parts on the hub for the express purpose of saving ash. If i can purchase parts and save money well that's the point is it not? Some people seem to think that because they are selling new parts that they should be able to sell for the original LBS prices. If i wanted to pay original prices i would buy from the LBS. I get the backup if an item breaks and there is some sort of warranty on the part. Not so if i buy on the hub as i cant expect you to replace the damaged part new or not.

So my gripe is this. If you price it right, it will sell. Please don't expect to get original prices even if its new. Please don't get shirty with me if i put in a low offer.

Ciao

Send the seller a PM.Maybe he/she doesn't know the value of what they are selling....bought a few bargains that way.

You'll see the overpriced stuff in the classifieds for weeks on end.

Send the seller a PM.Maybe he/she doesn't know the value of what they are selling....bought a few bargains that way.

You'll see the overpriced stuff in the classifieds for weeks on end.

Agreed. Send PM first and put in an offer. If not accepted...move on!

Stick around, bargains come from time to time. This is a free market after all.

Personally, if I have new parts to move, I will look at on-line retail price and use that less 15-20%, but no guarantee it will sell.

ps I have a set of 180 & 200 mm Hope Floating Rotors (new in packaging) going for a good price, R400 each :o

Though its understandable to get a bit frustrated in the classifieds with sellers expecting LBS prices they are free to ask whatever price they want, that's life, so just shake your head and roll on by.

But Gummi's advice to pm an offer you think is fair is the best bet, you never know what may come of it and often people may post slightly higher prices to try keep the low ballers in check :thumbup:

Stick around, bargains come from time to time. This is a free market after all.

Personally, if I have new parts to move, I will look at on-line retail price and use that less 15-20%, but no guarantee it will sell.

ps I have a set of 180 & 200 mm Hope Floating Rotors (new in packaging) going for a good price, R400 each :o

sold send me banking details, but only if they are in the original packets. :thumbup: