Bubble on tyre

corrie.kuilder

I converted from runnung tubes,to tubeless during september. I bought Maxxis crossmark's lust 26x2.1 tyres,and since then rode happily on them,and accumulated roughly 800km on them. This morning,while washing my mtb, I noticed a "bubble" on the rear tyre. I do inflate the rear tyre to 3.2bar,and the terrain I ride on do have rocks,but surely it would rather cut the tyre? Is it possibly a factory fault,and should I rather replace the tyre and keep this one as a spare on a trail? Included are some pictures of the bubble.

And the terrain I ride on

post-44032-1386418443,1598.jpg

post-44032-1386418471,7745.jpg

post-44032-1386418618,4089.jpg

This happened a number of times with a friend of mine. Also on Maxxis. I must admit, at the same time never happened to me. He also likes to ride with high tyre pressures. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

its delaminating, That tyre is factory faulted and therefore, i personally wouldn't use it.

What he said.

Where you shooting the AK in the profile pic?

Had the same problem about three weeks ago.

I had Kenda on and bubble on the side wall - Front and Back

Had to replace both tyres and then realized what a mission it become to find tyres for a 26er now :eek:

What he said.

Where you shooting the AK in the profile pic?

On the tyre issue, will the lbs replace it?

On the other issue, lol, yes I did, went for foreign weapons handling course, and absolutely loved it.

On the other issue, lol, yes I did, went for foreign weapons handling course, and absolutely loved it.

You in the SAPS?

Had it happen to a Conti and it was replaced.

Lost 2 x Crossmarks quite quickly. Stans used in both. Fortunately both replaced by the lbs. 3rd Crossmark was filled with some green stuff and I haven't had a worry since then. I also don't inflate them over 2 bar

Edited by Gravitasie

Why should the LBS replace it. 800 km. Overinflated. Just buy a new tyre.

On the issue of tyre pressure, the maxxis are rated up to 4bar, and I never inflated them higher than 3.2. (Taking rider weight into account as well). I will probably get a new tyre if not replaced, I need a tyre to ride, lol, but it will be so nice if the lbs replace it, if they do, I will rave, if they don't, I will not rant, because I only received good service from them so far, and surely with kind of high milage, they are not obliged to.

Why should the LBS replace it. 800 km. Overinflated. Just buy a new tyre.

I agree. Just replace it. You have had decent mileage from the tyre. I dont think it is a manufacturing fault. But that is IMO

Edited by Vetseun

Just puncture the bubble with the tip of your pocket knife.

Ride it till it fails completely and DON"T over inflate it. 2.0-2.2bar is more than enough.