Training rides in Jeffreys Bay

RuanWC

Agree. I will be taking my MTB.

Will drive through to Baviaans to do a couple of rides there( about an hour's drive from J-Bay)

There is some nice farm roads out to the North Western side of the town and you can cycle to there and back.

If you would like to join. Feel free to contact me.

I've seen guys riding between Humansdorp and Cape st Francis with road bikes, but thats a suicide ride with that road.

Road bike is a no no....You can take your Mtb and ride transbaviaans route in reverse.....or much of it... Great route...

Horrible place to ride a road bike, tried it one year and didn't have much fun at all. Why anyone would go to Jeffreys with the idea of not spending a whole lot of time surfing does escape me though.

If mountain biking means more to you than riding a gravel road, I can highly recommend a ride at Jbay Bikepark. It is about 20-25km out of Jeffreys Bay on the R102, close to Thornhill.

The trail is awesome, with very nice flowing singletrack. A few laps there will give you a proper workout.

My +-45km training ride when in Jbay. Mostly gravel rd. When crossing the railroad line, follow the road to the right until it connects to the railrd line again (the red line on the attached map). There is a jeep track adjacent to the railrd line. This way you limit your time on the R102.

OR: you could just cross the R330 and continue on to Andrieskraal in the Gamtoos valley (+-50km) or continue further into the Baviaans.

This is basically district road riding. Please keep the farmers on the road happy by closing gates behind you. It's no fun chasing after escaped cattle on Christmas day.

post-33762-0-80527600-1386850057_thumb.png

If mountain biking means more to you than riding a gravel road, I can highly recommend a ride at Jbay Bikepark. It is about 20-25km out of Jeffreys Bay on the R102, close to Thornhill.

The trail is awesome, with very nice flowing singletrack. A few laps there will give you a proper workout.

That's interesting.

Will definitely give that a shot.

I've ridden in Thornhill before at a school there. Can't remember the guys name or school though. :blush:

That's interesting.

I've ridden in Thornhill before at a school there. Can't remember the guys name or school though. :blush:

The school is Woodridge College, permits are available at Cyclo Pro in PE, and the trail is marked with dayglow stickers.

Another option is Crossways Country Kitchen. It is an awesome restaurant just outside Thornhill. There is a 6km singletrack trail there. The trail was used for XCO nationals before.

My +-45km training ride when in Jbay. Mostly gravel rd. When crossing the railroad line, follow the road to the right until it connects to the railrd line again (the red line on the attached map). There is a jeep track adjacent to the railrd line. This way you limit your time on the R102.

OR: you could just cross the R330 and continue on to Andrieskraal in the Gamtoos valley (+-50km) or continue further into the Baviaans.

This is basically district road riding. Please keep the farmers on the road happy by closing gates behind you. It's no fun chasing after escaped cattle on Christmas day.

Kan jy moontlik 'n gpx file stuur vir die ride of enige formaat om die fyner detail te kan sien...

Kan jy moontlik 'n gpx file stuur vir die ride of enige formaat om die fyner detail te kan sien...

Jammer man, tegnologies gestremd. Did a screenshot van google maps.

Ride out on the R102, turn left before the bridge crossing the Kabbeljauws River and just continue on that road. Ignore the private property sign on the first gate: that guy is trying his luck (my grandfather used that road with an ox wagon to go to Jbay for the family vacation way back). About 500m after that gate, the road forks. Go right and continue to the tarred road. Right on the tar road for about 500m to almost at the top of the hill. Take the gravel rd back to Kabbeljauws (this is a bit boring). At this point the wind will probably be gailforce in your face... Just after crossing the railroadline, take the road to the right till just before it crosses the railroad again. Follow the railroad on the jeeptrack next to it. Watch out for the dogs when passing the farmhouse on your right. They are big and fast.

Baie keer ry ons sommer net tot by die teerpad en terug, so 35km. Dis meer interessant.

There is a race the GI Joe next Sunday around Thornhill.

G

That's interesting.

Jammer man, tegnologies gestremd. Did a screenshot van google maps.

Ride out on the R102, turn left before the bridge crossing the Kabbeljauws River and just continue on that road. Ignore the private property sign on the first gate: that guy is trying his luck (my grandfather used that road with an ox wagon to go to Jbay for the family vacation way back). About 500m after that gate, the road forks. Go right and continue to the tarred road. Right on the tar road for about 500m to almost at the top of the hill. Take the gravel rd back to Kabbeljauws (this is a bit boring). At this point the wind will probably be gailforce in your face... Just after crossing the railroadline, take the road to the right till just before it crosses the railroad again. Follow the railroad on the jeeptrack next to it. Watch out for the dogs when passing the farmhouse on your right. They are big and fast.

Baie keer ry ons sommer net tot by die teerpad en terug, so 35km. Dis meer interessant.

Dankie!