[Event] MTN NATIONAL MTB SERIES #2 Sabie

Tim_Fair

Considering Serengeti and Dullstroom....leave the mud guards.....rather use mud scrapers.....and put some seriaaaas knobbies on the rear wheel

Thanks for the advice

Considering Sabie, a wet Mamba uphill will require traction, so lower tire pressure. Then there is the Rocky Horror downhill show with many rocks – perma-tubes

Any tire pressure advice on 2.2’s and 90kgs of wine and malt on the crankcase?

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the advice

Considering Sabie, a wet Mamba uphill will require traction, so lower tire pressure. Then there is the Rocky Horror downhill show with many rocks – perma-tubes

1.8-2.0 bar rear tyre, low pressure front, that is where you want grip. Rocky section...... Keep your bike as light as possible by keeping your posterior of the seat. Tyres have better chance to role over rocks.

On really heavy mud......take the Tiger Woods line.....that (missing) grass line next to the mud track en gooi kole......works for 103kg (excluding kit and 5day NOOB trek back pack)

Edited by BarHugger

Spoke to some friends who went to collect numbers , 4 wheel drive vehicles are a good idea for the parking lot ! Never mind the route ......

Its friggen wet here, glad im race support and not actually racing, gonna find me a pub after the start and keep cozy till the wife comes in...

Met the usual suspects in the pub after raceregistration...

Well it seems sabie is wet wet wet. Sad I'm not there as I would have loved to be there. Good luck to personal hubber friends DewaldZA, HennieVR, DPLot and DACoetzee.

May the two Dewalds score a top 20 finish and my brother from another mother a better time than last year. Yeah yeah I slowed him down.

Sorry hendrik. En sterkte.

good luck to all riding sabie classic today. be carefull out there guys its going to be slippery!! and have fun!!

Thanks for the advice

go for 34 psi rear wheel and 31 psi in the front wheel..

take warm clothes with you when u start guys, it maybe not to cold at the start but on top of the mountain it could be 15 degress less..

go for 34 psi rear wheel and 31 psi in the front wheel..

( 1 pound per square inch = 0.0689475729 bar)

Rear wheel = 2.34bar

Front = 2.13bar

Max pressure so that you you don't finish the race in knots (yeah, I know........I still need to get my first cup of stimulants). Personally, I like less pressure......;-)

Edited by BarHugger

Feedback - tough tough day on the bike! Lots of falling, impossibly slippery in some places.... Descents treacherous...... Climbs very steep and slippery.

10th in marathon for me and it took 4hrs24.

Broken.com