Modderfontein reserve trails

Could be fun if they keep switching certain sections. However some sections do not work in reverse, although I'll be curious to try it out

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be fun if they keep switching certain sections. However some sections do not work in reverse, although I'll be curious to try it out

I thought the same thing earlier but didn't mention it.

It wouldn't be nearly as fun to do the twisty downhill singletrack in reverse.

s there any leaked info whether the reversal process is absolute or partial?

I used to ride the trails before they reversed them initially (to the way they have been for the last few years) memory is a funny thing but I preferred them the way they are going back to now. Aiming to go ride on Sunday to see if I'm right.

I saw this on Facebook- Two The Core Trails Modderfontein

"... Trail Crew have just started operation REVERSE THE TRAILS so watch out guys and gals and get ready for a whole "new" ride... We will also be replacing the arrows on the boards"

I think its a good idea, I started to get bored, but still enjoyed "tree dodging" section and the section from the "old" entrance.

Was a nice change! Friday afternoon all the arrows were pointing in the new reverse direction but near the end of the ride there were still some people going the old way. I would just be extra vigilant these next few weeks!

It's nice to get the exposed section out of the way first, no one likes doing that bit at the end! I would however keep the tar road going up (in the very beginning) and keep last fast single track going down. So switch the trails after that. A tar road is boring to go down and both are boring to go up. Give us something fun! 

I would however keep the tar road going up (in the very beginning) and keep last fast single track going down. So switch the trails after that. A tar road is boring to go down and both are boring to go up. Give us something fun!

That last single track was my reward for a big ride. Pity.i will suggest on Facebook for them to change that.

• 2 weeks later...

the start tar road is still up with the single track down - I confirmed this with them on their FB page

the start tar road is still up with the single track down - I confirmed this with them on their FB page

Road about 30 kays of the 'new' route Wednesday night. Start as per usual, once you go through the fence/turnstile thingy you immediately turn left and go up what used to be the fast downhill. Everything from there is reversed, until you get back to the fence and come down the single track with the tar road riders right.

The river loop is also the same direction.

Glad the last fast single track is still there!

Discovered there some single tracks I never do. And almost had a head on collision once.

The start is all up hill really.

Some sections are actually better this direction. Some really fast single track. The steep drop by the dam is tough to try ride up.

I need to ride it more, but it seems more challenging in this direction.

Still a great place to ride

Guys/gals.

Really modders has become awesome once more.

I personally think they should alternate directions every 2 weeks.

It's a fast route

Guys/gals.

Really modders has become awesome once more.

I personally think they should alternate directions every 2 weeks.

It's a fast route

Half joking here but if they could afford LED or digital direction arrows, this would actually be doable... Imagine... They know a certain section is muddy or something, they just change the arrows on the boards from a PC or iPad....

Half joking here but if they could afford LED or digital direction arrows, this would actually be doable... Imagine... They know a certain section is muddy or something, they just change the arrows on the boards from a PC or iPad....

I am sure some clever guy could make something that is solar powered.

Archived