CAJEES Princess Crossing rip off

AndrewVanZyl

What did it cost in the end?

Rear derailer cost me R745 in the end.

I did the change over myself.

As previously mentioned there workshops aren't to great.

Will commend bedfordview branch though. Have never been unhappy with there service!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the horrific sight of seeing a bike serviced by Cajees Boksburg this weekend, gears were incorrectly set up where it did not shift to smallest ring on cluster but to second smallest so when shifting up it shitted off, the V brakes were misaligned and wrongly tensioned where the levers were almost flush with the bars, and the wheel could still move and headset was loose.

Would be nice to get these stores closed down.They dont sponsor any form of cycling and i see them as just CYCLING CANCER just in it for the cash... im pretty sure they dont even like cyclists ! (well their money yes).

I got a kiddies bike from them, but in a box and did the assembly myself. I wouldn't trust them with a spanner gauging by how the bikes on the floor were put together.

Would be nice to get these stores closed down.They dont sponsor any form of cycling and i see them as just CYCLING CANCER just in it for the cash... im pretty sure they dont even like cyclists ! (well their money yes).

That's a bit harsh! Its a free market, and they are traders, not cyclists.

That's a bit harsh! Its a free market, and they are traders, not cyclists.

Thats the sole problem... As in heart and sole.. they have none for the sport.

Ye sorry i understand you can vote with you wallet and i do,i dont support them.Might be a free market ,but people raping the things we love is not.Case in point boogaloos i ,watched that store grow from 1 shop at bruma lake.The guy who origionally owned it tony( who loved sk8boarding) was worked out by the 2 windsurfers mark and gavin powell and after 20+ years those 2 still cant skate and doubt much like sk8ers behind closed doors ( ok ive physically heard them saying it).... Ok at least they build sk8parks and bring pro's down, do demos etc,most of it is to booster their sales.

People who really love the sport and participate and skate like clayton from revolution and wandile from funisu, louie from forgive travis from iron fist,all grew up with us skating and opened stores and companies to progress the sport ... not rape it.

Any skater i know who has been true, does not support boogaloos and makes no excuses about that,they can not understand the sport if they dont participate in it.If you dont understand what it is to pull air out of a transition then im afraid you need to go back to the dam. When 90% of the pro's who come here and spend 2 days with them ,,.. they like "who are these okes they dont even sk8!"

Edited by 2Nutz

+ Cajees MO is ripping off newbs getting into the sport,far easier to do this then with a simple thing like a skateboard.Non cyclists whose sole purpose is to make cash off something people love.They smile fat when some 1 is buying and the 1st time they come back with a issue about said bike,thats when smiling mohammed turns to cheeky moe.

Most people learn after this initial phase,but its the newb after newb after newb till they learn that they(cajees) making wads off of. I dont see there benefit in this industry, better to off the leeches as soon as possible to grow a sport,..with people of the sport.CAJEES is a CANCER.

Edited by 2Nutz

good Day i have my own workshop called CMC Service Centre if you would like i have two places open for your bike if you would like to get them serviced. look at our web page 2 www.cmcservicecentre.co.za call me on 0788828005

kind regards

christopher Candiotes

Classifieds much????

Fly by night operators

A few months ago I was in the market for a new bike, so visited Cajees Centurion to see what they had on the floor. Had this carbon beauty at a "for you and only you special price". Had a close look at the bike and was assured that the "small" chips and scratches were shopfloor demo damages. Was assured it is abrand new bike. Only when I pointed out the small crack (could fit a finger nail in it) at the bottom of the chainstay did the sales person's lips loose their functionality. Smiled, waved and walked out.....

See proof below

post-41755-0-95744100-1387784774_thumb.jpg

post-41755-0-72400600-1387784812_thumb.jpg

post-41755-0-42222100-1387784857_thumb.jpg

post-41755-0-59355700-1387784893_thumb.jpg

Edited by BarHugger

Classifieds much????

Fly by night operators

I wonder if he paid for adverting on the hub? Edited by fabes

• 2 weeks later...

I feel the same about cycle lab fourways they did the pdi on my new merida xt edition so well on the first ride i couldnt even select 3of my gears they scratched the handlebar when they fitted the speedo i had to fit my light bracket over it just to not get pissed everytime i look at it..... thats just some of my complaints the rest i wont even mention....just dont buy a new bike there thats all i say....

Guys, read a few books and learn how to service your own bikes - it does not need a computer interface or hydraulic lift. 99% of what the shops charge your for is dead easy routine stuff and does not take very long. You'll also impress people with your trail side maintenance skills. Soon you'll only be shopping for new tools and replacement parts and fluids rather than chucking money at the workshop.

When I was in school I use to service my own bike

Guys, read a few books and learn how to service your own bikes - it does not need a computer interface or hydraulic lift. 99% of what the shops charge your for is dead easy routine stuff and does not take very long. You'll also impress people with your trail side maintenance skills. Soon you'll only be shopping for new tools and replacement parts and fluids rather than chucking money at the workshop.

When I was in school I serviced my own bike, now I'm to lazy to do it

I feel the same about cycle lab fourways they did the pdi on my new merida xt edition so well on the first ride i couldnt even select 3of my gears they scratched the handlebar when they fitted the speedo i had to fit my light bracket over it just to not get pissed everytime i look at it..... thats just some of my complaints the rest i wont even mention....just dont buy a new bike there thats all i say....

Hi Herbs, we have sent this along to our workshop manager who is relooking our PD procedure, please can you DM me with the other issues you mention as we are working hard to try and fix these issues with the new store.

Regards

Edited by morecycling