Spruit Spade work

Mileage

What is the issue with people from Holland?

She was worried that all the digging would put a hole in the dam wall...

This should explain it...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-t3vG2TE_xks/T4kcYZkA4zI/AAAAAAAAAGg/BGXLY0pDTrI/s400/DSC_0287.JPG

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Noticed last night that the manhole covers on all the outlets between Rustenberg Road and Linden road have been taken. Thanks to the fairies for putting up obstacles to warm us.

Question is - where are these guardians now (city parks) as this is just plain dangerous.

I will make a phone call this morning but for all their attitude, I guarantee that this issue will never be fixed.

Many thanks for the awesome single track that now runs all the way down that section - so much of fun!!!

What if we plant a tree for every jump we build?

That way when some old bag wit her yap dog asks us what we think we're doing, we can say "planting trees"

Ha Ha. Just need to find some big trees with a large root system that requires a big hole to be dug. Then leave the soil for the fairies!!

Noticed last night that the manhole covers on all the outlets between Rustenberg Road and Linden road have been taken. Thanks to the fairies for putting up obstacles to warm us.

Question is - where are these guardians now (city parks) as this is just plain dangerous.

I will make a phone call this morning but for all their attitude, I guarantee that this issue will never be fixed.

Many thanks for the awesome single track that now runs all the way down that section - so much of fun!!!

yeah, those missing manhole covers are pretty dodgy. Was inspecting the line yesterday... the rain gave that jump straight quite a beating. Glad to see the middle part is holding up though. (the stretch from where it crosses the original path, to the ditch jump by the fallen tree.

Edited by patches

yeah, those missing manhole covers are pretty dodgy. Was inspecting the line yesterday... the rain gave that jump straight quite a beating. Glad to see the middle part is holding up though. (the stretch from where it crosses the original path, to the ditch jump by the fallen tree.

The thing with the manhole covers is that they're probably being stolen for scrap...

She was worried that all the digging would put a hole in the dam wall...

This should explain it...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-t3vG2TE_xks/T4kcYZkA4zI/AAAAAAAAAGg/BGXLY0pDTrI/s400/DSC_0287.JPG

Ah...

Someone on here mentioned running a line along the other side of the river. It sounded pretty speculative at first but I did a recce on a run yesterday and it could work. We'd need a jump over the river but the section just before that has a really good gradient (at the expense of the bottom half being a bit pedally. It's worth a look.

Someone on here mentioned running a line along the other side of the river. It sounded pretty speculative at first but I did a recce on a run yesterday and it could work. We'd need a jump over the river but the section just before that has a really good gradient (at the expense of the bottom half being a bit pedally. It's worth a look.

Peach, Daft Vader, and myself also did a recce on the other side. There are already some decent paths near the dam's weir (near the canoe club). I found 2 potential spots for a jump across the river. Daft Vader wasn't keen on the size (the larger of the 2 would be about a 6-8m gap). Peach wasn't keen on how much work would be required to build those launches and landings.

Sad reality is, some overconfident rider will darwin themselves on such a gap. And then his whistle blowing buddy will kick the launch down. Heck, some butt-puppet even took itupon himself to destroy a jump over a 2m gap (the Jan Smut's step up).

So if we do ever build such jumps... they need to be hidden from plain sight so that the masses don't go all lemming on them.

Peach, Daft Vader, and myself also did a recce on the other side. There are already some decent paths near the dam's weir (near the canoe club). I found 2 potential spots for a jump across the river. Daft Vader wasn't keen on the size (the larger of the 2 would be about a 6-8m gap). Peach wasn't keen on how much work would be required to build those launches and landings.

:wacko: -_-

Sad reality is, some overconfident rider will darwin themselves on such a gap. And then his whistle blowing buddy will kick the launch down. Heck, some butt-puppet even took itupon himself to destroy a jump over a 2m gap (the Jan Smut's step up).

So if we do ever build such jumps... they need to be hidden from plain sight so that the masses don't go all lemming on them.

Its only really a 1m gap, but 2m for a smooth landing

Solutions for the damp issues on the middle section of the line.

Bring in sand and build up just the height of the path by 100mm, should keep it out of the water.

the section with the 2 doubles leading into the gully jump.

unless someone feels like digging a drainage trench like the council does (maybe we could fit in another gap jump then ;)

Im keen to help but can only do it one handed for a while. Apparently the digging on saturday wasn't good for the fractured scaphoid. Could barely hold my beer on Sunday :thumbdown: .

But maybe we need to take up dewald on his offer of 5000m3

http://www.renicoplant.co.za/tippers/details/

Maybe a bunch of people chip in and get a 6m3 for a day. Say 2-3 trips to Kyalami Put the soil next to where the bricks are stacked across the road from that building site and then move it from there onto the trail

That would account for 18 of the 5000 cubes but happy to chip in.