Xterra buffelspoort

MTBc

Got my trisuit from fluidlines this week. Delivered within 2days. They also advised me on which one to get. Great service.

Doing my 1st full Xterra. Done some Lites in the past. The swim was useally my biggest fear, but I have learned that it is the run that kills you. Hou bene hou. See you all next weekend. Lets hope it is much cooler

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone swim with an Edge 500? Apparently it's got an "ipx7" water resistance rating, and on some other forums have had successful submersion tests with it - ipx7 is apparently meant to be safe for up to 1m.

re fluidlines - I couldn't find the shoes on their site, and you were spot on regarding the sizes - mostly small available.

Where do you put it when you swim / run?

Got my trisuit from fluidlines this week. Delivered within 2days. They also advised me on which one to get. Great service.

Doing my 1st full Xterra. Done some Lites in the past. The swim was useally my biggest fear, but I have learned that it is the run that kills you. Hou bene hou. See you all next weekend. Lets hope it is much cooler

How's the training going? I'm still weak on the running too, its gonna kill me.

Weather looks fantastic for now...

post-16445-0-89393200-1390207160_thumb.png

Whose Bright idea was it to do it the same date as IMBC, always used to be a week after EL, was always fun to do after and if you had a crappy IMBC then there was always Xterra ......Colour me visible unimpressed

I did Lite in 2012, Full in 2013, going to be Lite in 2014 (coerced some colleagues into doing their first tri's and was told only if I did it with them), so looking forward to it.

Great event and well organised.

Also we are given swimming caps on race day right? Mine snapped. (Ok email does confirm we get a swim cap)

Race starts 8:30. We are gonna burn again on Saturday!

Edited by Guardian

Interesting offering from the people at Spez / Stillwater. Pity they only have DS on offering....

SPECIALIZED TEST THE BEST

Exciting news for all Totalsports XTERRA FULL Warriors: Specialized are offering entrants the opportunity to test their awesome 2014 bikes on the MTB leg of XTERRA Buffelspoort! Riders will have the desired bike properly set up at registration on FRIDAY 24 JANUARY 2014 at the Buffelspoort Dam.

Please note that if you cannot be there on the Friday afternoon/evening then you will not be able to test the bike.

The following Specialized Bikes and Sizes are available for the XTERRA Full:

Epic Comp 29 1 x S | 2 x M | 2 x L | 1 x XL

S-Works Camber 29 1 x S | 2 x M | 2 x L | 1 x XL

S-Works Stumpjumper FSR 29 1 x S | 2 x M | 2 x L | 1 x XL

Rumor Expert 29 1 x S | 1 x M | 1 x L

To book your desired bike please e-mail nicola@stillwatersports.com with your name, contact details, bike model and size.

Edited by MTBc

Tough as hell. Mountain goat territory. Spend way to much energy on the rocky MTB climbs. Nearly died during the run. More watering points needed during the run. The 3rd one was without water by the time I arrived there. Thanks to the lady that gave me a sip of her water. You were a lifesaver.

Well organised. Nice vibe. Will have to train much more next time.

MTBc, did you survive the run.

Edited by Kerchak

Did the Lite today. Great as usual. 2hrs12min. Bumped my pip on a branch in the river bed and have mean headache. Other than that, already looking forward to next year...

The run on the full was brutal... and heat was bad. Think the lesson is perhaps not asking for more waterpoints but rather, if you know you gonna be out there for awhile, tge safest best bet is to pack a canelbak. Leave it in transition and if the heat is hectic when you come off the bike, take it with

Ya, last year the heat was a killer on the full as well. Glad for the overcast weather today for most of the event.

Well organised. Nice vibe. Will have to train much more next time.

MTBc, did you survive the run.

Ditto on well organized event. Decent race packs. And yes, I survived! My first tri (and my first run ever , besides the 4 training ones I had) and managed to come in under my 4:30 goal - 4:17:33. 35m on swim, 1:43 on ride (with a lekker bail in the 1st km), 1:45 on run. and 12m on transitions! Eish.

Thanks for the pre race tips jiggy, im sure I would have blown without them.

Yeah ditto for being well organised and great goody bag.

Did the lite in 1:51, had a (more than) tough swim albeit short... Enjoyed the mtb and run!

Will be back for more next year, and maybe the full then...