Lebanon MTB trails - huge disappointment!

CleatsnCleavage

Oak Valley was lovely - esp the lunch afterwards :) but I thought it would be prettier. V different terrain than that of Hemel-en-Aarde. Lots of cow poop. My friend was chased by one. Couldnt do the black route as had novices with me. Next time!

You should definitely try the Black Route. You'll change your mind.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of cow poop. My friend was chased by one.

Chased by cow poop... that's a first. Must have been quite an experience...

:ph34r:

Lebanon can be a bit confusing unless you know where you're going, but the ride from the top is awesome.

Making one independently. Was asked by the local trail builder.

Is Gerhard the contact person for the trails there?

• 3 weeks later...

i went there last week having not been since nov. i had in my mind what has been said about signage but i found it much better than last time i went. only a couple of bits where i had to stop and look around but then you;d be able to see the next sign if you looked. i loved it!

Was there last year and have to say some of the single track is really awesome... it's getting to it that is the problem ....lol

• 5 months later...

Rode Lebanon in May 2014 and it could definitely do with better direction markers. We were a bit unsure in 3 or 4 places, but just went on until we found a marker again or checked the map. We missed a whole section around Don's dam, which we were looking forward to, but still measured more distance than the map indicated.

Considering the dirt cheap price and excellent setting, we really enjoyed Lebanon. Good single (lots of roots), some nice climbs and a variety of terrain.

Hope to ride there many times again.

• 1 year later...

so lucky enough to be packing our mtb and heading to Oak Valley later this month...would like to finally ride thesw Lebanon trails. Anyone have an update on condition and know if markings have improved? Also planning to check strava for routes files unless a local on here hs any?

so lucky enough to be packing our mtb and heading to Oak Valley later this month...would like to finally ride thesw Lebanon trails. Anyone have an update on condition and know if markings have improved? Also planning to check strava for routes files unless a local on here hs any?

Apparently there has been a lot of logging in that area. Mate of mine rode it after wine 2 whales and sounded very disappointed.

The Wildekrans wine estate trails are open, some of it was part of w2w, that might be worth checking out?

• 9 months later...

Hi Hubbers,

We at iRide Africa (Harry and Dan) have been busy at Lebanon, creating new trails, opening up old ones that the logging destroyed, creating reliable maps and putting up new (and lots!) of signage. We are doing this under just our own steam and limited free time and finances as we believe Lebanon to be the best riding destination in Grabouw. Huge potential that we want to see realised!

There is a more informative link about what we've been up to this past winter here. I hope you get out there and find the new trail fun and challenging!

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/161213-new-singletrack-in-lebanon-grabouw/