Dropper Post

Patchelicious

Pity no one has stock of the 420mm. It's only shipping in next Wednesday... And the prices have gone mad. Over 4k for the non stealth version....

You should look at the KS supernatural, it comes in a 420 / 150mm drop which will be nice for a tall oke such as yourself.

Just make sure its the 150mm one as it also comes in 125mm and I think 100mm

Will probably be slightly cheaper than the reverb too.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should look at the KS supernatural, it comes in a 420 / 150mm drop which will be nice for a tall oke such as yourself.

Just make sure its the 150mm one as it also comes in 125mm and I think 100mm

Will probably be slightly cheaper than the reverb too.

That sounds like a good option... Just need to find someone who stocks those too....

I prefer to use a RHS lever then fit it on the left on the bottom of the bar. That makes it a heck of a lot easier to actuate with my left thumb. No need for a big hand movement.

KS is ODI grips compatible which means the lever can replace the inner lock ring of your grips. Moves it in closer, keeps things neater.

Post a pic of that pls!

Slightly off topic, but I have a Giant dropper that came with my Reign that has stopped working - it doesn't extend up when you hit the button any more. I've taken the post apart, it seems the gas cannister that provides the lift, well, doesn't provide the lift any more.

Does anyone know if and where you can get a replacement?

New dropper? Surely not?

Or any other help would also be appreciated.

Pierre

Not sure how the giant dropper works but if its hydraulic it should be servicable.

I fixed my Joplin after it started doing the same thing, was pretty easy. Most droppers have a valve for the air chamber, like the one on your fork or shock, that needs to be pumped to a certain pressure. (KS is not as easy, but there is a way to pump it DIY)

Just google "service giant dropper" you should get some you tube vids, or other info on how to do it.

You'll probably need some fork oil (probably 10 or 5 wt) and a shock pump)

Droppers actually need quite a bit of maintenance to keep them working smoothly, my KS was getting a bit sticky, gave it a service and its smooth as silk again.

Has anyone mentioned how good the RS Reverb is?

Stop everything you're doing right now and buy one.

Just did it, ordered mine from LBS, will have it installed next week Monday!

Thanks, I've googled a fair bit - the interwebs in general provide no answer or replacement part. One site I found said that the cartridge is sealed, and looking at it myself it certainly looks like it. No air valves or seals visible. Eish

Maybe get hold of Dragon Sports and see if they can help.

Btw - I've only had experiences with the ks Lev. But what I've experienced... Super. Super friendly. Super serviceable. Super actuation. Super product. 150mm drop. And I use it all the time (when I ride)

Archived