Dropper Post

Patchelicious

Depend on how tall and your frames standover clearance,on my large tranceX the collar is almost flat with the clamp ..maybe 10 mm up.. and the 125mm travel is perfect on there.

XL frame id have to run the post abit higher... cant see me needing the 150mm travel.. unless i got a frame with much lower seatube.

Basically if i had the 150mm on my trance id only be using the 125mm of the travel anyways...like fully extend it then drop it abit..do that on my 125mm abit now anyways.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like the only 27.2 seat post out there is the KS but it's just 100mm of travel. Do you find that you use the whole 150mm or is it a bit overkill?

I use ALL six inches.

Wait. Wrong forum. :devil:

Seriously though. My LEV's collar is slammed against the seatpost collar. And on the downs I put it ALL the way down. However - If I had a 27.2 post (like I do on my HT) then I'd definitely go for the 100mm drop on the KS. Either that, or go for the Gravity Dropper which, I think, makes a 27.2 with more drop.

So what's better out of the LEV (or the other KS droppers for that matter) and the reverb? Especially anyone who's used both.

For me the reverb has been flawless so far. Maybe a tiny bit sticky at the top to begin with, but that would be nitpicking.

Reverb are the current front runners without a doubt-(sales don't lie)

How do the owners of the Spez Command Posts feel about the product? I can get one brand new from my LBS for R1500. Its brand new but I think 2012 model.

How do the owners of the Spez Command Posts feel about the product? I can get one brand new from my LBS for R1500. Its brand new but I think 2012 model.

As said previously - only 3 settings, of which the middle one isn't very useful, and the return speed is more than a little bit fast, which makes it something of a nutcracker. At that price it's not a bad buy though, just mind your nads...

It looks like the only 27.2 seat post out there is the KS but it's just 100mm of travel. Do you find that you use the whole 150mm or is it a bit overkill?

Your bike takes a 27.2 and I've seen the amount you normally drop for the jumps etc. 100mm should be just fine.

Every little bit helps.

One the Morewood the collar is slammed all the way to the frame to make the 150mm work.

On the Jamis it sticks out about 120mm. Perfect balance for playing and pedaling efficiency stuffs.

Reverb are the current front runners without a doubt-(sales don't lie)

Makes perfect sense. Strong marketing, OEM spec, good price and a well know brand behind it.

KS sadly is just very expensive on the top end posts.

I have a Command post on my Stumpy and have had no issues except it gunking up with mud so much it took 30 seconds to actually go up. The It was the one time I was happy I did not have the KS as those guys could not even get theirs to move.

As for the 3 positions I have never found it to be a hassle. Up for climbing and easy trails, middle for the fast flowy trails and down, well for going down. Sure the middle position is not perfect but its reliable and the air pressure can be changed to make it come up a bit slower. Never had a nut cracked and at least I know it is up when the sound vibrates through the frame.

Go for it if the price is right, there is nothing wrong with it.

NB: Remember the Command post comes with an offset and the KS has no offset so take that into account when buying.

As said previously - only 3 settings, of which the middle one isn't very useful, and the return speed is more than a little bit fast, which makes it something of a nutcracker. At that price it's not a bad buy though, just mind your nads...

Hi Droo

The reviews do say that you should watch u'r nads as well. I dont think that the 3 position will worry me though, it will still be waaay better than a standard post. Thank for the advice.

I have a Command post on my Stumpy and have had no issues except it gunking up with mud so much it took 30 seconds to actually go up. The It was the one time I was happy I did not have the KS as those guys could not even get theirs to move.

As for the 3 positions I have never found it to be a hassle. Up for climbing and easy trails, middle for the fast flowy trails and down, well for going down. Sure the middle position is not perfect but its reliable and the air pressure can be changed to make it come up a bit slower. Never had a nut cracked and at least I know it is up when the sound vibrates through the frame.

Go for it if the price is right, there is nothing wrong with it.

NB: Remember the Command post comes with an offset and the KS has no offset so take that into account when buying.

Thanx Camelman

I also have a Stumpy FSR, but the Comp which do not have the Command Post as standard. Which also means that the offset should be perfect, as my standard post is also offset.

I also see that reliability is good, based on many reviews. At R1500 I think its a good buy. Thanx for your opinion!

Post a pic of that pls!

Pic of KS remote replacing ODI's inner lockring

http://reviews.mtbr.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/ks_lev_remote.jpg

KS Lev keep things neat

http://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/ibis/800604d1369048173-ks-lev-rs-reverb-20130425_172201.jpg

http://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/ibis/800603d1369048165t-ks-lev-rs-reverb-20130425_172029.jpg

But not as neat as a Stealth!

post-1575-0-31075800-1385484726.jpg

Pic of Reverb remote with Gripshift & Brake lever (not using the matchmaker as I prefer the lever a little more inboard then it's easier to reach with my thumb)

post-1575-0-90587900-1389256229_thumb.jpg

Cables, hoses, wires, ropes and sheet gets a bit much with a remote lock out for the fork as well.

post-1575-0-21928900-1389256297_thumb.jpg

I had the same dilema/question last year on here. I took all the advice and did a lot of reading up on which dropper post to get. I eventually got the KS LEV (Had to Rebond the house though :eek: ) they not cheap but it certainly upped the fun factor of riding, it's the best upgrade i've done. I chose the KS LEV because i liked the way you can route the cable. and its a cable not a hydraulic hose. There is a small amount of movement / play on the seatpost but you don't notice it while riding.

Just go buy the dam thing !!!! :devil: :devil:

On pricing... Since the Rand decided to take a huge dive, the Reverb on this years pricing is as much as the KS LEV. Unless you can find old stock. That's why I went with the LEV in the end. It arrives tomorrow. :clap:

Well guys, i posted a while ago where you are riding that required a dropper post, well, hmmm. (I have a hardtail 29r)

Well this weekend i rode Jonkershoek singletrack from the "Saaltjie" down (apparently this is for downhill riders only) and I must admit that there were times that a dropper post could have been handy. But is was my first ride, but I think given another run and a cup of cement (to HTFU) things will be fine. Let's face it hard tails are not meant to ride DH trails, even if they are way easy.

just my 2randellas.

Guest Omega Man

Well guys, i posted a while ago where you are riding that required a dropper post, well, hmmm. (I have a hardtail 29r)

Well this weekend i rode Jonkershoek singletrack from the "Saaltjie" down (apparently this is for downhill riders only) and I must admit that there were times that a dropper post could have been handy. But is was my first ride, but I think given another run and a cup of cement (to HTFU) things will be fine. Let's face it hard tails are not meant to ride DH trails, even if they are way easy.

just my 2randellas.

Saw a dude there on the Firehut side a few weeks ago on a HT 29er coming down the ST. He was clearly a very skillful rider but one of my first thoughts when i saw him was how much more he'd be enjoying the trail with a dropper.

Having said that he was on a full carbon Canondale HT with a lefty so he might have an issue with and extra 300 grams on his bike.

Archived