Polar V800

SwissVan

Hello Ma'am :devil:

The new strap is flippin great, much better in every aspect than the previous "thing"

Where did u find the routes available to download on the polar flow site? IMO being limited to routes on the polar flow site is a weakness, would be much better if you could import routes from other systems like mapmyride / strava etc.... but maybe that will still come in future?

On the flow website.

Go to Explore (situated at the top next to Diary)

It will open the world map.

Then zoom into your current location.

You will see either a running man or cycling icon on the spot where the route starts.

On the right had side of the page the routes will show up.

If you click on it once it will highlight and display the route for you.

Once you have clicked on it another pop-up will appear in the bottom of the screen. From there you can add it to your favorites and give it a name.

Once it is in your favorites it will be added to your unit with the next sync.

On the unit. Then go to favorites. Select your route and then select your sports profile.

From there I do not know as I haven't used this feature yet.

I have seen somewhere that only training sessions that has been made public (security settings on your profile) will appear on the map.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the flow website.

Go to Explore (situated at the top next to Diary)

It will open the world map.

Then zoom into your current location.

You will see either a running man or cycling icon on the spot where the route starts.

On the right had side of the page the routes will show up.

If you click on it once it will highlight and display the route for you.

Once you have clicked on it another pop-up will appear in the bottom of the screen. From there you can add it to your favorites and give it a name.

Once it is in your favorites it will be added to your unit with the next sync.

On the unit. Then go to favorites. Select your route and then select your sports profile.

From there I do not know as I haven't used this feature yet.

I have seen somewhere that only training sessions that has been made public (security settings on your profile) will appear on the map.

Thanks

I just had a look following your steps and the particular route I'm interested in is not displaying. As you say i also read somewhere that only views / routes which are public will visible.

There is another icon which i dont seem to be able to figure out what it is, instead of a runner / cyclist it has 3 red dots, maybe these are the "not public" one's?

edit: All though none of my routes are shown here (thats a screen shot of where i start all my routes) with a 3 red dot icon, so that kicks that theory to touch...

post-182-0-60523000-1405511267_thumb.png

Edited by SwissVan

Swiss the three dots shows when there is more than one route starting from the same location.

Check the bar on the right to select the individual ones.

Swiss the three dots shows when there is more than one route starting from the same location.

Check the bar on the right to select the individual ones.

Jinna but i can be slow sometimes.... :blush: well thats the 3 red dot mystery solved :thumbup:

But my routes or the one i'm looking for still dont show up.

I guess the polar flow database of routes is not very large, which is why they should allow you to import

Still loving my V800.

Its nice to see how the recovery time automatically adjusts to your daily movement/activity.

I tried out the triathlon mode on the weekend and it really workd nicely, simply press the pause button to end a discipline and start the transistion and then at the end of the transistion press the start button and it automaticaly switches over to the next disclipine and records your T1 and T2 times

HOWEVER.... :thumbdown:

There does not seem to be a way to add an exercise, for example for reasons of my own.... i deleted the above triathlon and wanted to enter only the cycle time as a ride. Could not add an exercise, unlike the old protrainer where you simply click on "add exercise" to add an exercise if its not recorded on the polar unit.

Hopefully i'm wrong and someone can point it out....where that little add an exercise button is.. Ma'am??

BTW I dont mean add an exercise as in a planned future exercise, but rather one that has already been done but not recorded on the polar unit

Edited by SwissVan

Another thing I didn't know exists on the V800.

SAVE POI (POINT OF INTEREST)

Press and hold LIGHT. Quick menu is displayed. Choose Set location guide on from the list, and press

START. Choose Save new POI from list, and press START to save your current location as a POI.

This option is only available when you have already started an exercise and the GPS is connected

I tried out the triathlon mode on the weekend and it really workd nicely, simply press the pause button to end a discipline and start the transistion and then at the end of the transistion press the start button and it automaticaly switches over to the next disclipine and records your T1 and T2 times

HOWEVER.... :thumbdown:

There does not seem to be a way to add an exercise, for example for reasons of my own.... i deleted the above triathlon and wanted to enter only the cycle time as a ride. Could not add an exercise, unlike the old protrainer where you simply click on "add exercise" to add an exercise if its not recorded on the polar unit.

Hopefully i'm wrong and someone can point it out....where that little add an exercise button is.. Ma'am??

BTW I dont mean add an exercise as in a planned future exercise, but rather one that has already been done but not recorded on the polar unit

Not sure Swiss.

You can always ask on the Polar forum

http://forum.polar.fi/forumdisplay.php?f=122

Not sure Swiss.

You can always ask on the Polar forum

http://forum.polar.f...splay.php?f=122

But will i get an answer sometime soon...hemel that forum is slower than the hubs site announcements thread

:D

Going through the Polar Flow thread a similar question was asked a few months ago and no one from polar has responded.

For those interested in the battery life during a single event with GPS and HR recording at the standard default of 1s

I got 11 hrs 8 minutes of cycling and running (During Iron Man Zurich) and it was still working when i stopped the recording, albeit only in the stop watch mode as in the last 30 minutes or so the gps turned off automaticaly to save power and i then also unclipped my chest sensor at this stage. The low power warnings started came on a few times before the gps powered off.

While the battery life is suffcient for normal daily training and events it does seem to be lacking for longer endurance events. My unit is still pretty new and it was fully charged 90 minutes before the event.

Originaly I had it set in the Triathlon profile (Swim with no HR and GPS) but somehow I did not manage to start the recording on the swim ( i think my wetsuit may have interfered with the pause button or soemthing like that) so after the swim when i saw it had not strated i switched over to the normal cycling and running profiles and recorded each seperately.

Hi Swiss,

You can change your GPS recording session from Normal to "Power Save Long Session".

You change this setting for each individual Sports profile that you have loaded.

Tracking on normal GPS and Heart rate you should get 13 hours.

Tracking HR and PGS on Power Save you should get up to 50 hours which is plenty time.

If you still going by then you are half dead. :-)

Hi Swiss,

You can change your GPS recording session from Normal to "Power Save Long Session".

You change this setting for each individual Sports profile that you have loaded.

Tracking on normal GPS and Heart rate you should get 13 hours.

Tracking HR and PGS on Power Save you should get up to 50 hours which is plenty time.

If you still going by then you are half dead. :-)

Hello Ma'am,

Yes i thought about going onto the power save mode but was concerned about how accurate the HR reading would be during the cycle and the running speed speed would be, these were critical to me surviving.

I saw on the polar forum that it was not recomended to use the power save function unless you are doing like really long (multiple day events), the power save means it only records once every 60 seconds if i understand it correctly.

I was planning on doing 13 hrs and thats why i thought the normal mode with gps and HR would last till the end, but as i said it started to power down (gps turned itself off) before it even got to 11 hrs (about 10 hrs 30)

I'll just make sure i stick to events that i know i can finish in less than 10 hrs in future :lol:

I like this part tho.... its like giving me permission to goof off for the next few days

post-182-0-76800800-1406623041_thumb.jpg

post-182-0-14050900-1406623065_thumb.jpg

Polar ZA via Sportsmanswarehouse says the v650 will only be launched, worldwide, at the end of the year. meh <_<