Cape Epic 2014

Pieterg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looser is having a great ride, he rode for itec this year in a few races, they should have kept him...

I hate to flog a dead horse, but how water proof are the tents that these guys sleep in ?

tents are ok, i've spent plenty of time in the original orange ones they flogged off years ago - cape union mart generic 2 man tent, the red ones are identical.

made in china and 2 little chinese people will fit in them, or you need to get really drunk or really cosy if you're sharing it.

however for one person they do the job, you just need to sleep diagonally and make sure that no bags touch your tent wall as they will then allow a stream to enter your tent, which will remain as a dam. They do suck a little interms of entrance as the vestibule is not floored, so it gets wet. You also need to duck quite a bit to get in or out. i also don't think they use the guy ropes in the epic village, so if a big gusty northwester comes in it could get interesting.

but ja, if the bags were flippen small, then cosy sleeping bags are probably not standard fare this year. brrrrr

At the Epic, you need to learn how to preserve your equipment, Bulls are masters at this.

it's no secret or rocket surgery but they seem to get it right every year!

Looser is having a great ride, he rode for itec this year in a few races, they should have kept him...

Bet he is glad to be gone from Itec

Sauser, not having a good day, as I mentioned a day or two ago, he will have a proper tantrum soon, today is possible the day, the man hates losing