Doing 2 x loops of the Argus

Garfield2010

The Garf will need something to get him back "onto heat" again after that cold swim.

The topless models who frequent Clifton 2nd

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think

The topless models who frequent Clifton 2nd

I don't think any Vaalie is gonna do the Argus with this information! Or they will at least stop by Clifton 2 to confirm this on race day

I don't think

I don't think any Vaalie is gonna do the Argus with this information! Or they will at least stop by Clifton 2 to confirm this on race day

haha race day not so much coz all the roads to the beach are closed ... the day before oh yes

DON'T even think of it - PPA will disqualify you and ban you for life.

Used to be a big thing in the past and there were more than just a few who did it until PPA put a stop to it!

Dont ask me why - who knows.

Why not let them do it - most would be experienced riders.

As for FRAIL doing it 4x last year - Nah!

If he did each one in 3hrs that means 12hrs in the saddle - NAH!

Used to be a big thing in the past and there were more than just a few who did it until PPA put a stop to it!

See, this is _exactly_ what happened last year and it put me off. Then you hear afterwards how everyone you know did two laps and no one got caught and you feel like a wimp for taking advice like the above seriously.

You forgot to add that PPA will also destroy your bike, cut off your legs and come and sh!@t all over your lawn if they catch you.

not entirely true...go to cycle tour site and check the rules...you may do it twice if you abide by their conditions. i'm waiting for them to mail me these conditions...

Ok, so got a response from Cycle Tour organisers and once seeding has happened only certain riders with a low enough index will qualify to ride the Argus for a 2nd loop. These riders will be notified by mail at the end of Jan/early Feb.

But i'd suggest mailing them again once you receive your seeding to double check if you are interested in doing this.

Take you timing chip off after the first lap and if they already packed up the start point when you finished take the M4 down to Muizenberg and rejoin. You might have a debate with a traffic cop there but just tell him you stay in Fishhoek or somewhere and you are on your way home and all is well. Did this in 2008 to join my wife on her first Argus. Was my best Argus ever.

You obviously don't know FRAIL...

All kidding aside, by not keeping left you're being more of an idiot than people that ask you to move left.

Yeah, but they can't figure out how to do this when driving their cars on multi-lane roads, so don't hold your breath.

Ok I will only do 1 loop. Will run 30km on Sat though. How long is a loop around Clifton beach?

Clifton is about 2 kms long .. a better run would be to follow the bay to bay route.

Clifton to Hout Bay harbor and back - exactly 30kms

or skip the Argus and come race GWWW - 3km Swim, 70 Bike and 30 Run - R495. Small field with some strong pros like Hugo, Caveman, Tissink et al.