Xterra Grabouw

JvanLog

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, just heard somewhere that the organisers tell you on the day based on the water temp, and thought that would not work well if I show up without one

Thanks, just heard somewhere that the organisers tell you on the day based on the water temp, and thought that would not work well if I show up without one

I have been to a few tri's with that as the rule, but never seen it enforced. If you have one though, might as well take it along.

I have been to a few tri's with that as the rule, but never seen it enforced. If you have one though, might as well take it along.

I heard it makes the swimming easier...helps you float?

Anybody know if one can rent one on the day?

I heard it makes the swimming easier...helps you float?

Anybody know if one can rent one on the day?

Yip, it does help with floating, but depending on the suit and you, it might also restrict movement and annoy you. It is highly unlikely that they will have suits for hire, but I don't know for sure.

Edited by Raydek

If your not doing the long one rather leave the pro gear at home..?

Will be doing the short one again. No way am I swimming 4k's.

Terry from Xterra wetsuits normally rents out suits, don't have his details. If you haven't practiced swimming in a wetsuit I'd rather go without.

Terry from Xterra wetsuits normally rents out suits, don't have his details. If you haven't practiced swimming in a wetsuit I'd rather go without.

terry from xterra wetsuites normally have a type of gezebo at the races where you can rent from.if doing the short one wont bother with wetsuite.if long consider it.

I've done the short one three times. I own a wetsuit, but I think you'll be cooking even after 400m. That dam water is always nice and warm.

Doing the full this year however, and thinking about a wetsuit though.

Yep, at this time of year in that damn you definitely won't need one, if its the temperature you are worried about.

Which reminds me, I actually need to get a decent tri-shorts, will be doing my second short one this year.

Where does one get one of these?

Awesome event by the way.

Which reminds me, I actually need to get a decent tri-shorts, will be doing my second short one this year.

Where does one get one of these?

Awesome event by the way.

Sportsmanswarehouse stocks a new first ascent range which is pretty nice, but they also have orca and some others.