Go Pro, is it worth it?

The MTBer

Define monster...

I build a machine for home to do this on, my wife calls it The Beast.

What software you use?

Got Adobe premier 12, but battling to get to grips with it,

Def need to sit with someone that knows his way around it.

G

Hope my boss does not read this, i have a monster machine at work, and do all my editing on there, makes a huge difference.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Gopro Studio.

For someone just getting into editing, it does a decent job.

Have played around with Windoze moviemaker as well, but I find Gopro a little bit better.

post-24416-0-04819300-1397282601_thumb.jpg

I used my GoPro once or twice for the bike. I then crashed when trying to straighten it on a ride once and not since.

My problem with the chest mount is that it does not work well enough with the extended battery, so that's a problem for me.

The other issue is trying to get time to edit. Now I use it most of the time to film the kids in the pool etc. still worth it there, but could have gone with something less than the black edition for this purpose.

Hmmm

haven't thought about using that (GoPro studio), thats an ideaaaaa.

I'm also using the 2600 Mhz i7, with 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD for OS and software and 2 x 2TB for data.

G

I use Gopro Studio.

For someone just getting into editing, it does a decent job.

Have played around with Windoze moviemaker as well, but I find Gopro a little bit better.

Got my GoPro Hero 2 HD from the Hub @ R2600. The whole kit and case was (and still is) probably worth R7500.

I take mine diving, kayaking, MTBing and Hiking- need to buy a second battery for those long trips.

Get one!

I wish the programs would import and allow editing of the files in native format.

They all first want to import and convert.

Got to say I love/prefer the iMovie interface, won't mind if there was a iMovie for Windows.

My laptop just does not have enough grunt to sit and convert files, using it to much for other stuff, when the lottery comes in I'm buying myself a big boy MAC.

G

How about this for another option, top of the range new is R5299 with entry level at R1059, so there is a variety for everyone. www.rollei.com

Here in the UK they are starting to use them to get prosecutions: road rage motorists, close passes, ... I doubt the police in SA would be interested.

Unless you've got hours to spend on editing, or you're riding hectic downhill courses, its not worth it. The footage is quite boring straight out of the camera.

Edited by faanie

Here in the UK they are starting to use them to get prosecutions: road rage motorists, close passes, ... I doubt the police in SA would be interested.

Funnily, the Russians are big into having permanently on video cameras on their dashboards to record details in the event of an accident (there are lots of cheapo ones on the market) and that's how several motorists captured video footage of that meteorite crashing to the ground.

The most interesting thing that you might record is that spill that you want nobody to see. Go Pro footage is like holiday pictures, nobody is really interested.

sorry :thumbdown:

Like everybody said... it's one of those amazingly techno gadgets that we love, but even if you go to the ENORMOUS trouble of editing (another story and needing high spec computer and decent software...) nobody actually wants to watch you.. or your mates pedaling along a trail. ... :blush: however great it was at the time...

I am having lots of fun with the GoPro at the moment. Made a hack goPole from some aly tube i had in the garage and did two nice edits of my boys at the bmx track.

Couple of hours edititng and you have a nice video online to share with friends and family.