The Hub SA - What has it become, and where is it going?

Caerus

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what, I think this is simple actually.

When I'm standing around a braai with my mates and an obviously overweight dude is part of the kuier I will definitely not pop a joke about large people (not that I generally do but ja...). It's not because I know that it WILL offend him but because a bit of social intelligence and common courtesy tells me that I might offended him and he might be hurt.

On the other hand, EQ on an anonymous public forum might be a bit much to ask...

+1000

so you say it is fine to gravitate together but they should not persist together ?

what is considered "irrational and nonsensical" to some, is logical and sensible to others. that is human nature. the problem is how do you deal with it on a public forum?

allow those with beliefs that rugby players are superiour beings than soccer players form a group to say that soccer players should not feel offended ?

or put some effort in finding the right kind of moderators who truly have demonstrated considered unbiased opinions over a lenghty time and are free from any emotional outbursts themselves ?

And I believe the moderators have shown unbiased opinions and consistency over an extended period. What you want is moderators who agree with your opinion and I can't help you there. You may notice there are hundreds of people who don't complain about the moderators on a daily basis.

We had joy, we had a bum, we had sauces in the sun...

Staring long enough at your "new and improved" avatar, I started seeing this familiar icon.......

:devil:

Edited by BarHugger

We had joy, we had a bum, we had sauces in the sun...

Sadly it did not Did it reach #1

Edited by SwissVan

You know what, I think this is simple actually.

When I'm standing around a braai with my mates and an obviously overweight dude is part of the kuier I will definitely not pop a joke about large people (not that I generally do but ja...). It's not because I know that it WILL offend him but because a bit of social intelligence and common courtesy tells me that I might offended him and he might be hurt.

On the other hand, EQ on an anonymous public forum might be a bit much to ask...

This is possibly the best advice ever on thehub.

When posting perhaps it's a good idea to imagine yourself in a real room with the other members - if you wouldn't say it in the room then don't say it on thehub....

This really has just got silly now. C'mon people. Stop, think,drop ego then carry on.

And I believe the moderators have shown unbiased opinions and consistency over an extended period. What you want is moderators who agree with your opinion and I can't help you there. You may notice there are hundreds of people who don't complain about the moderators on a daily basis.

It's unnecassary to make a personalised directed comment. why do you feel the need to do this and make it about me ? there are others who share my opinion. rather comment in the general.

If it is felt that a moderator is truly unbiased, then it should be very easy to prove and defend. In many cases it is not.

It's unnecassary to make a personalised directed comment. why do you feel the need to do this and make it about me ? there are others who share my opinion. rather comment in the general.

If it is felt that a moderator is truly unbiased, then it should be very easy to prove and defend. In many cases it is not.

The point you're missing is that that's your opinion, and, apparently, not one shared by the majority of members of the forum.

The point you're missing is that that's your opinion, and, apparently, not one shared by the majority of members of the forum.

Who appointed you as class captain to decide what the majority of hubbers feelings and opinions are?

edit: Formatting

Edited by Carpet

Who appointed you as class captain to decide what the majority of hubbers feelings and opinions are?

edit: Formatting

Simple observation.

I am not missing the point. You are suggesting the "populist" opinion should rule and minority opinion oppressed.

I am not missing the point. You are suggesting the "populist" opinion should rule and minority opinion oppressed.

So if 3 people disagree with a moderator decision we need to replace the moderator?

No, I'm just saying that it is apparent that the majority of the members of the hub don't share your view on moderation. You have a right to feel aggrieved, but that doesn't mean that what you are aggrieved about is right.