The Hub SA - What has it become, and where is it going?

Caerus

I'm sure someone may even find it offensive that you even suggested a site with nude buttocks on it… :eek:

I'd post a link to the dodgy site, but I got a post deleted yesterday and all I said was I don't know what color anyone on this forum is.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

.......especially an open sauce from the SPUR......die SPUR IS 'n LEKKA PLEK!!!

The way the last week was around here, I think Death Sauce is more appropriate.

http://www.hot-headz.com/chilli-sauce/images/products/gr-udc.jpg

I'd post a link to the dodgy site, but I got a post deleted yesterday and all I said was I don't know what color anyone on this forum is.

I'm light brown according to me 5 year old :ph34r: :ph34r: .

The way the last week was around here, I think Death Sauce is more appropriate.

http://www.hot-headz.com/chilli-sauce/images/products/gr-udc.jpg

I want some.

Saying that though, I'll probably just make some more of my own...

I'm light brown according to me 5 year old :ph34r: :ph34r: .

We're cyclists - all of us are half white and half chocolate.

Proper new south africans - not like these coconuts and top decks etc.

A mass download of common sense should be the first step. Not the initial, buggy, my.common.sense.is.better.than.your.common.sense.v1.24 but the more acceptable basic.common.sensev1.98 should do the trick.

Sadly, there are too many leechers, and not nearly enough seeders for this to be a viable option. So - tolerance v2014 should be on everyone's download list this morning.

Also - study It Is My Choice Whether to Take Offence or Not and I Must Resist Spur of the Moment Retaliations to get an idea on what proper discourse should be.

A good old format will make all those programs run better. People need to start with offload.my.baggage.from.way.back v3.4. And since many apps run in the 'tribe' also install offload.my.cyber.bff's.baggage v1.2

A good old format will make all those programs run better. People need to start with offload.my.baggage.from.way.back v3.4. And since many apps run in the 'tribe' also install offload.my.cyber.bff's.baggage v1.2

Thing is there's more than one "tribe". As you can see, I'm part of one. But I also see the other lines & allegiances and wonder wtf it's all about from time to time. "What" being the cockfighting...

We're cyclists - all of us are half white and half chocolate.

Proper new south africans - not like these coconuts and top decks etc.

Watch out now, you might offend somebody using "coconuts and top decks" in the same sentence. Hell you might offend actual coconuts by using the term in that way. Mods gonna get u!!!! :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

so you quoted another website again.

thank you for raising your position on the word as you perceive it.

You know what, I think this is simple actually.

When I'm standing around a braai with my mates and an obviously overweight dude is part of the kuier I will definitely not pop a joke about large people (not that I generally do but ja...). It's not because I know that it WILL offend him but because a bit of social intelligence and common courtesy tells me that I might offended him and he might be hurt.

On the other hand, EQ on an anonymous public forum might be a bit much to ask...

Thing is there's more than one "tribe". As you can see, I'm part of one. But I also see the other lines & allegiances and wonder wtf it's all about from time to time. "What" being the cockfighting...

People with similar views and values will always gravitate together. It's when a group persists with united irrational and nonsensical confrontations with certain people as a show of allegiance that it becomes childish.

People with similar views and values will always gravitate together. It's when a group persists with united irrational and nonsensical confrontations with certain people as a show of allegiance that it becomes childish.

so you say it is fine to gravitate together but they should not persist together ?

what is considered "irrational and nonsensical" to some, is logical and sensible to others. that is human nature. the problem is how do you deal with it on a public forum?

allow those with beliefs that rugby players are superiour beings than soccer players form a group to say that soccer players should not feel offended ?

or put some effort in finding the right kind of moderators who truly have demonstrated considered unbiased opinions over a lenghty time and are free from any emotional outbursts themselves ?

Edited by Topwine

If we could designate theme songs for different topics on the hub, I'd designate this one for the Chit Chat / non cycling related topics

These words in particular ring true...despite all the shenanigans

We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun...

Together we've climbed hills or trees

Learned of love and ABC's

Skinned our hearts and skinned our knees