XX1 Pricing

Shangri la

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

couldnt find that exact app so got one called Gear Calc...

Are you sure about the spelling???

Called

BikeGearCalc Lite and its free...there is a paid version where you can save setting but the free one is more than good enough.

Picture of a chainring with sliding bar across it in app store

dont need the 10, but the 42 sideplate definitely helps when the going really gets going (knysna PSG for instance). for Flatter stuff, 11/36 10 speed is fine.

The cheaper alternative is to get the General Lee conversion for your existing 10sp cassette.

1x10 with a 11-36 x 34 works well on my 14kg Reign - 26". I have got stronger and stronger and feel like I am spinning in the 36 cog at times where previously I struggled. The only time it will be a problem is when I get tired on a long ride - eg 40 km plus (thats long for me). If your bike has good rear wheel traction and stability when ridden slowly on tech uphills, you'll manage the higher gearing by simply pedaling slower at times. Cost - about R500 for a 34 tooth RF ring and about 400g weight saved.

I am keen to fit SRAM XX1 to my bike, Which outlet would be the cheapest place to source this from??

Putting a list together on Chain Reaction using a twistgrip and a XO1 cassette I get a figure of

£719.44 = +-R12806. This obviously excludes freight and SARS share.

What Crankset are you currently using? Massive saving if you just buy a Wolf Chainring for XT/XTR/SRAM/Specialized.

Speak to Janos. And yes - we are about R2k -R3k cheaper than CRC!!

What Crankset are you currently using? Massive saving if you just buy a Wolf Chainring for XT/XTR/SRAM/Specialized.

Speak to Janos. And yes - we are about R2k -R3k cheaper than CRC!!

Janos hooked me up with a WOLFTOOTH (1x10) conversion about 2 weeks ago and I am loving it so far....

How do i convert a X9 2x10 to a 1x10?

That is exactly what I did.

I had a complete X9 -2x10 groupset and converted to X9 1x10....

I replaced my old derailer with a type2 (clutch) X9 derailer en got a 32T Wooftooth Chainring. All from Evo Bikes.

The type 2 derailer combined with the Wooftooth blade works great and I have yet to drop a chain or anything in 2 weeks of riding... i just have to get stronger... :whistling:

I-Man777 does the wolfchainring fit in place of the large chainring and just remove the small chainring?

I-Man777 does the wolfchainring fit in place of the large chainring and just remove the small chainring?

I might be wrong... but with my X9 crank they just removed both the blades and the Spider that holds the blades and did the direct mount WOLFTOOTH. (See link below)

http://www.evobikes.co.za/components/chainrings/wolf-chain-ring-set-gxp-direct-mount.html

Phone Janos or Naas at EVO Bikes... They are experts at the 1x10 conversion thing.