Help! Advice needed...... Argon vs Giant

Stiggy

I am looking for an upgrade and have found 2 bikes which fit into my 25k budget. I'm looking for a bike that is good to race but also comfortable (if possible)

The Argon 18 Krypton (2013) vs. the Giant TCR Composite 1 (2014).

I am sitting between a rock and a hard place, and all reviews I have read have not mentioned too many negatives about both bikes.

Some much needed advice is needed on which bike to choose

Agree.........Giant. Has a much better pedigree and in my opinion looks so much nicer.

I get the impression (and I could be wrong) Argon 18 is just another open mould frame with their own branding (not that there is anything wrong with that). Giant, at least has good r&d, quality control and makes their own frames.

There are plenty of Giant distributors, meaning little things like deraileur hangers are easy to come by. Argon 18 is pretty scarce.

Agree.........Giant. Has a much better pedigree and in my opinion looks so much nicer.

I get the impression (and I could be wrong) Argon 18 is just another open mould frame with their own branding (not that there is anything wrong with that). Giant, at least has good r&d, quality control and makes their own frames.

There are plenty of Giant distributors, meaning little things like deraileur hangers are easy to come by. Argon 18 is pretty scarce.

Argon is high quality not a chinarello. Although I have read a lot of good review on the new Giant.

Your legs don't talk much, go for the Argon.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha! Doesn't say much about your legs.......

I will vote for Argon18 for the rest of my life.

See if you can get a Gallium or Gallium Pro in your budget. There were some nice new deals from Cycle Tech ( go2nd hand if new costs too much, unless you're against buying 2nd hand stuff) it will be so very well worth it.

All the best for you and your new ride.

I am looking for an upgrade and have found 2 bikes which fit into my 25k budget. I'm looking for a bike that is good to race but also comfortable (if possible)

The Argon 18 Krypton (2013) vs. the Giant TCR Composite 1 (2014).

I am sitting between a rock and a hard place, and all reviews I have read have not mentioned too many negatives about both bikes.

Some much needed advice is needed on which bike to choose

Hi Stiggy

Im riding a Giant TCR (2013) and love my bike its good value for money for a of the shelve bike.

Here is my but - I ride from time to time with Marco and the guys from Cycle tech (They the guys brining Argon in) and I must say Im very impress with the Argon. I do think for R25K, you would be able to put a very nice Argon together.

Hope it helps.

This is good! I don't think I'm in any better place than I was before but I like to hear what people think about the bikes!

Any more peeps out there on Argon bikes? Any comment?

Like most carbon bikes the Argons are made in the East and designed in the West. They use their own specific designs created by Gervais Rioux and manufactured in Taiwan rather than buying off the shelf.

Ridden a couple of Argons and they are very good. I've currently got a TCR Advanced and it's a killer ride, great out the box and even better with a few upgrades. Responsive, comfortable ride, massive BB & Head tube for stiffness...

If you've got R25K then make an offer and use the difference for some carbon pedals.

http://www.thehubsa....ced-di2-m-size/

Edited by hellocolour

Hmmm

Like most carbon bikes the Argons are made in the East and designed in the West. They use their own specific designs created by Gervais Rioux and manufactured in Taiwan rather than buying off the shelf.

Ridden a couple of Argons and they are very good. I've currently got a TCR Advanced and it's a killer ride, great out the box and even better with a few upgrades. Responsive, comfortable ride, massive BB & Head tube for stiffness...

If you've got R25K then make an offer and use the difference for some carbon pedals.

http://www.thehubsa....ced-di2-m-size/

Hmmm the Advanced would be a great bike to get and I would love to make an offer but I'm a little large for a med, I need an XL.

Thanks tho for the heads up

I have the Argon Gallium pro. brilliant bike no complaints at all. Its also a better looking bike than the giant. ( my opinion only)