Bikejacking in Turfhall road again.

Cippo

Sorry to hear Abbas, recover all. Was also in a situation, lucky not hurt, but was able to track and retrieve my bike via a tracking system I installed, very small and hidden away, works very well.

Like the rest is saying please share a link. Or something. Also what happened to the scum(perps)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

salam brother may allah restore your health back again

I had the same problem at that spot but alhamd my quick thinking pays off

5 guys from both sides of road I just put my hand in back pocket like I am taking out firearm

point my fingers to the one on my left while swearing at him ek skiet jou binne in jou ma se ....... he squad in the road as I keep on pedalling with one as the others approach on my right done the same they couldn't see cause cloves are black very hot spot

r

rather take college and kromboom road bit safer

@Waanie just a little careful when you coming off college into johnston by (habib international where velocit bakkies were), i constantly see laaties from the vlei lurkong around in the early mornings.

Sorry to hear about what happened. I'm from the Cape Argus and we would like to speak to you and run a story about the attack and maybe raise some awareness. Your phone number has not transferred yet, is there another number we can reach you on or can we meet up? Best

Firstly. . Shees sorry about your ordeal.

2e.. Marra care to give more info on this tracking device.. pretty pls.

Hi Gen, using the seat post device from b-trac.com use GPS as well as GSM with a pre-paid SIM card.

Sorry to hear about what happened. I'm from the Cape Argus and we would like to speak to you and run a story about the attack and maybe raise some awareness. Your phone number has not transferred yet, is there another number we can reach you on or can we meet up? Best

yo gonzo, i was mugged at the same place a couple of month back to, also have cippo speak to he's club chairman, they had 2 guys from the club mugged as well in that area.

Hectic....I have thought of loading a cell phone tracking app ...anybody know of an effective one that will work on a crackberry or samsung..s4

Locate my Mobile is a standard feature built into the S4. You just need to activate it under SYSTEM SETTINGS > SECURITY and it's always on.

You can then track it online as long as it is switched on. Check the screenshots.

post-45131-0-37801400-1390819322_thumb.jpg

post-45131-0-03542100-1390819323_thumb.jpg

yo gonzo, i was mugged at the same place a couple of month back to, also have cippo speak to he's club chairman, they had 2 guys from the club mugged as well in that area.

Seems like the road is a real problem. Mind dropping me a PM with a description of what happened (and when) along with your name and what they stole so I could bring it into my piece.

yeah tell us more, good to hear something works/has worked!

Hi Babse, using a device from b-trac.com they are in SA so was very helpful in the setup, which is pretty easy anyway. Works on GPS and GSM, all you need to purchase extra is a pre-paid SIM. What I do liek about the solution is that you can arm it with an SMS. So if the bike is on you rack, and you forgot to arm it you can do so while in bed or in they Wimpy via SMS.

Cheers

Like the rest is saying please share a link. Or something. Also what happened to the scum(perps)

Hi Meezo, I went to the Police reported my bike as stolen and then showed them a picture of my bike, as well as on my iPad that I know exactly where the bike is and that I can track it. The police then went with me to recover my bike and arrested the culprits.

Hi Babse, using a device from b-trac.com they are in SA so was very helpful in the setup, which is pretty easy anyway. Works on GPS and GSM, all you need to purchase extra is a pre-paid SIM. What I do liek about the solution is that you can arm it with an SMS. So if the bike is on you rack, and you forgot to arm it you can do so while in bed or in they Wimpy via SMS.

Cheers

Hi Meezo, I went to the Police reported my bike as stolen and then showed them a picture of my bike, as well as on my iPad that I know exactly where the bike is and that I can track it. The police then went with me to recover my bike and arrested the culprits.

Thank you, maybe this is worthwhile having a look into. My insurance company should hear about this too... Increase in petroleum, drop in insurance premium......... Or so i hope :unsure:

Hi Gen, using the seat post device from b-trac.com use GPS as well as GSM with a pre-paid SIM card.

Many thx

Probably stating the obvious here, but the feeling I get is that whoever is robbing cyclists in the same spot is resident nearby. They're not coming from somewhere else, they probably reside within a 5km radius of the hotspot. Can't you put some feelers out in the local community and offer a cash reward? I am sure someone will know who they are.

i like the idea of the tracking device.... My only concern is this, How are we certain that the big bosses who control this bike jacking syndicate are not right here on the hub reading up abou this? So they steal the bike, find the tracking system and then dump it and go on their merry way with our bikes??!! its just a thought, but then again, to catch a skelm you need to think like a skelm...

Glad you have gotten your bike back though...

Get well soon Abbas...