Clicking crank?

Royce Leaker

I have a Titan Sport 650b, only had it for less than 2 months but there seems to be a clicking coming from the crank every time I pedal ? Any solutions? its super annoying...

Check that the end of your front deraileur cable is tucker away and not touching the crank on every turn.

Doesn't seem to be that, its a more 'solid' click..

There are a few other possibilities:

Chainring bolts

Shoe/pedal interface

Loose crank arm bolt

Dry bb thread

Clicking sounds are usually caused by a dry or slightly loose interfaces.

Process of elimination.

every time I have had a clicking sound from the crank area it has been the pedals, I take them off and clean and grease them then the clicking is gone. if you have another set of pedals, fit them and test it that way.

I have a 3 month old titan 29er elite with same problem... stripped, lubed, still there... may just need a replacement bb... original one seems a bit plasticy anyways. ..

I consider myself pretty good when it comes to bike mechanics, but I've been caught twice with a clicking crank. Both times I went into a bike shop to have the bb replaced (as I thought this was the problem).

Both times the bike shop proved me wrong. The one time it was the headset bearing that needed lube and the other time a slightly loose saddle. Each time I pushed on the pedal it caused one of these things to move (and click) and the sound resonated down the tubes to the crank area.

What I'm saying is, it could be anything.

There are a few other possibilities:

Chainring bolts

Shoe/pedal interface

Loose crank arm bolt

Dry bb thread

Clicking sounds are usually caused by a dry or slightly loose interfaces.

Process of elimination.

Have the seat post checked too.

what they said + grease your skewers (lightly)

I have a mate whos bike also made a click, we always said it was his hip :whistling:

How old are you?

hahaha, jokes aside... it could be a worn BB

So... replaced my bb tonight... Shimano XT bb @R280.. not high end but did the trick... no more clicking... not a sound!